Proper sling of stage/deco?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello, once again I ask a question for sincere intersts. I have just aquired several small "pony" type bottles, 13, 19 and a 30. These are aluminum. My question, do any of you have clear pictures or descriptions of how you sling your stage/pony/deco type bottles to your LH waist and chest D ring. I know how I was doing it but I have seen a few rigs with better arrangement than mine. I suspect they may have been a kit but unfortuantly did not get a chance to ask the owners. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks. N

At the risk of pissing you off, the most expeditious way to sling them would be to get one of the Halcyon kits. Everything is included, including the decals to mark the tank with. :)

You'll find the 13 is too short to sling, but you may mount it to the side of your backplate if you wish. The 19 can be slung, but its tight - and with a 40" hose, which is nice to run the second stage up around the back of your neck and into your mouth from the right, the hose will protrude beneath the bottom of the tank when stowed. But certainly its doable.

The 30 makes the best package when using a 40" hose (of the three bottles you own).

Here are some photos of stages:

http://www.wkpp.org/articles/Gear/equip_moreimages_3.htm

Dive Rite used to have a step by step guide, but it went down awhile back. I'll see if I can't find a reconstruction of it somewhere and PM it to you.

Doc

Doc Intrepid:
...the most expeditious way to sling them would be to get one of the Halcyon kits...

Don't waste your money on overpriced crap, when you can make your own very easily and for pennies.

Attached is a MS Word document on a DIY kit

Nemrod:
...I know how I was doing it but I have seen a few rigs with better arrangement than mine. I suspect they may have been a kit.... Any info will be appreciated. Thanks. N
He knows how to Do-It-Himself. He knows how he was doing it. He wanted to know about a better arrangement. He "suspected it may have been a kit"......

It's an option. Others are welcome to their SanfordandSon-ized, North Florida, garden hose and spare-ski-tow-line bozonity. :D

Cool, thanks each of you and please fellows, it's gonna be okay, don't get so intense---lol. Thanks Doc also for your info and I have no idea why you think the question is angry, I respect your opinions and I am glad you had some imput. N

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom