Proper 40" Primary Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ProMed:
Hello,

I am looking for the DIR approved routing method of a 40" primary hose. Please do not turn this into a debate of 40" vs. 7ft. I have both and would like to try the 40 for shallow open water dives. This will be on a Halcyon 40lb Eclipse with stainless plate, Apeks ATX50 seconds, and DS4 first.

Also, the www.gue.com site doesn't list a DIR-F class any closer than Florida for this year and none for 2006. Does anyone have a lead on when the course may be offered closer to North Carolina?

Thanks for the advice,
Paul
ProMed contact me we usually do a class in may or June with a local shop in Raleigh NC , so far have had it last three years and will do it again this year we also have a small group get together be good way to practice some of the skills ahead of time and asisit you with your gear config.

salty:
Jeff:
I did some searching on the scooter list and found no refrences to a 40 inch primary. Did you see this topic raised or was your comment to ask George mearly a suggestion?

Ron
Just a suggestion. (Given that he has shown off his 40" rec rig before)

This topic is kinda funny. It displays a bit of the problem of "Can't see the forest for the trees" type syndrome.

But people do like nice lists of do's/don'ts.

Ever tried to do an air share with a stage? Now tell me there will be a problem with a 40" rec hose.

Well here's his open water rig...of course the photo's a little old...

http://www.wkpp.org/images/pina_equip/OW_rig2_r.jpeg

Then again, there is always George's DIR and GUE's DIR. Sometimes the two don't match.

I can't imagine why a 40 inch wouldn't be DIR for open water...routed under the arm...elbow at the second stage...no swivel.

Stephen Ash:
Well here's his open water rig...of course the photo's a little old...

http://www.wkpp.org/images/pina_equip/OW_rig2_r.jpeg

Then again, there is always George's DIR and GUE's DIR. Sometimes the two don't match.

I can't imagine why a 40 inch wouldn't be DIR for open water...routed under the arm...elbow at the second stage...no swivel.
No No No...I need a list: Black - Good, Pink - Bad, 7ft - Good, 40" bad. Makes life much simpler.

I always thought a thinking diver was a good thing, but unfortunately I learned that from Andrew the stroke, so what do I know.

onfloat:
Just don't go downtown and you'll be fine. :wink:
Can't go downtown. I only have a toy scooter.

JeffG:
No No No...I need a list: Black - Good, Pink - Bad, 7ft - Good, 40" bad. Makes life much simpler.

I always thought a thinking diver was a good thing, but unfortunately I learned that from Andrew the stroke, so what do I know.

I am not looking for a list or wanting to compare the 40" with a 7'.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Medic13 thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I will certainly contact you after assembling my new rig and getting a few dives on it.

To keep this thread on topic I am simply looking for routing suggestions of the 40" hose. Stephen Ash- I didn't notice an elbow on the second stage in the WKPP image that was linked. Have you tried the 40" without the elbow?
OW_rig2_r.jpeg

ProMed:
To keep this thread on topic I am simply looking for routing suggestions of the 40" hose. Stephen Ash- I didn't notice an elbow on the second stage in the WKPP image that was linked. Have you tried the 40" without the elbow?
If the hose is "bendie" enough you wont need a elbow, but the elbow will be a bit more comfortable.

and yes I've tried it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom