Proof that there needs to be a men's forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flushing... save a little bit~o~water in your pre-dive water bottle and squirt that into the hose (after disconnecting the cath) after the dive. Blow heartily on the tube to clear all the water. Done.

evad:
Just when I had decided a dry suit might not be such a big pain in the butt.

No need for a P-valve. I mean can't you hold it for an hour or so? If not then slap on a pair of depends. I listen to the screams of my buddy when he is pulling that thing off with half of his hair. No thanks, I will just go before or after the dive.

LowTide:
No need for a P-valve. I mean can't you hold it for an hour or so? If not then slap on a pair of depends. I listen to the screams of my buddy when he is pulling that thing off with half of his hair. No thanks, I will just go before or after the dive.

Well, there's always the Brazilian GF.

evad:
Well, there's always the Brazilian GF.

OMG Don't even suggest that! *shudders* Just the thought is painful. Women really do have a higher pain tollerence. Good grief.

LowTide:

Since I am the "screamer" referenced above, I feel adequately qualified to address the pros and cons.

On the plus side, no need to hurry to end a dive or make a mad dash to the head. You can hydrate properly and not worry about the end result. And during a full day of diving, no hassle of taking the suit off every time nature calls.

On the down side, you have to clean hose out or suffer the consequences. You also have to trim those short hairs or suffer the pain. Hardest thing for me was trying the p-valve out for the first time. I had no confidence the damn thing would work, but, thankfully, it did.

best thing to clean it out with post-dive is a shot of vinegar down the tube, followed by fresh water.

putting either a barbed connector or a snap connecter in the tube will allow you to install the catheter in the hotel room and avoid dinking around with yourself on the boat in mixed company (unless this is something you enjoy!) Jump into your drysuit, snap your connecter into the line, and you're ready to go. Literally.

Back
Top Bottom