Proof that there needs to be a men's forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to dive in on this thread.( no pun intended). I just started using my Pee Valve, and I have to tell you a few things that this newby noticed. When you have to go, it feels like your peeing in your suit for real! very unnerving. I was not sure until I took off the suit a couple of hours later, if there had in fact, been an "accident". I do not think that this diver could ever go while under water, as it is hard enough (not a play on words here) to go in a regular wet suit, but in the DS I had a heck of a time just going while standing knee deep!
The biggest problem was getting the DAMxxx thing off! If your un- cut (to coin a phrase) your in for some good times, as that thing sticks to EVERYTHING!!! no danger of that puppy ever falling off. I swear that had I not pulled if off with the jaws of life, it would have stayed in place until after they buried my dead body of old age.

Ok guys, I must say, I am so glad to read this thread. After reading so much in the women's forum and women's issues, and stuff women have to deal with and me personally dealing with some of those very issues.... its comforting to know that you guys do have at least one "issue." I have been enlightened...again....

Just when I had decided a dry suit might not be such a big pain in the butt.

evad:
Just when I had decided a dry suit might not be such a big pain in the butt.

Well you don't have to have a P valve. and even if you have it you don't have to hook it up if it is going to be a short dive. So it is just there when needed or wanted.

Chad

Either way, its a pain in the crotch. (Can, I mean may, I say crotch here?)

scuba_jenny:
Ok guys, I must say, I am so glad to read this thread. After reading so much in the women's forum and women's issues, and stuff women have to deal with and me personally dealing with some of those very issues.... its comforting to know that you guys do have at least one "issue." I have been enlightened...again....

Shame on you Jenny for sneaking into the men's locker room! That is not very lady-like.

No worse than you guys lurking in the ladies room...er, I mean Women's Views :wink:

grunzster:

1- Do you replace the catheter after every dive, or do you use it until it starts to get kind of funky?

Ok I know I don't have any personal experience with these things, but I cave dive with enough guys with p-valves that I can add my 2 cents.

You might want to get one of those big syringes without a needle. That way you can flush out the pee line with fresh water after your dives, this should help keep the funk away.

I don't know how you guys can walk around with those things.

Actually someone mentioned flushing it with some diluted alcohol to kill whatever's growing in that hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom