Project Argonaut, totally new, vintage style DH regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no financial ties to the reg either, regardless of whether its a flop or a huge success I make nothing in the deal. I am involved solely because I enjoy diving and experimenting with DH regs, plus I have the facilities to do some of the prototype work. I had worked with Luis on a couple of other projects so he knew I was interested and could do a lot of work that would take a professional machine shop weeks to turn around and would run the development cost way up. Plus I understand the working of a DH reg, so I understood what he was trying to accomplish as opposed to someone just making a part from a drawing, more than one design change was scribbled onto the paper in front of my lathe as the part was being made. Many of the prototype parts were first built or modified in my shop but none of the production work will be done there, I do not have the interest nor the facilities for production work. It has been and will continue to be a labor of love.....well there are a couple of benefits that were worth it, a few extra parts I get to keep and the chance to see and dive a reg before anyone else.
And like Nemrod, since I have a good bit of DH diving experience and know the internals of the reg, I was a logical choice to test and torture it.
It is a great reg, by far the best double hose to ever be produced but it is still a double hose and will have all the characteristics of a double hose. Anyone expecting it to operate like a single hose is going to be disappointed, there is no purge button and it must be worn properly to get the best out of it. On the other hand, if you already enjoy double hose regs OR you are willing to take the time and effort to learn to dive a double hose, it will be a great experience. I have a lot of regs to choose from, both modern and vintage, single hose and double, this will be my go to reg for most of my diving

I am not a "principal" and I have no gain to be made.... I have two of the test units now in my top secret "Nemrod's Lair" deep, deep, well, I am not telling.
N

No gain? I'm jealous! :D

Michael

If you want to help to see the Argonaut in the market ASAP, please take a look at this link:
https://www.fundable.com/vintage-double-hose

Several of the pledges include one of the first Argonauts out of the production line.

---------- Post added January 10th, 2014 at 11:51 AM ----------

Herman just types faster than I do...
:rolleyes:

You will have to get the green or gray hoses from Rob: Home
Bryan at VDH only has the black or yellow. I think at least to start of, Bryan is only planning on offering the Argonaut with the black hoses, but I don't really know that for a fact.

With time, there will be plenty of ways to customize your Argonaut.

This is a great project, put together by a superb group of people.

In the four years I've been dealing with VDH, I've been blessed with the best customer service I've ever experienced and some of the best products I've ever added to my diving kit.

I wish VDH and the Argonaut project all the success they deserve.

Good Luck.

Tough decision coming up......green or gray hoses??????

I made a mistake. I didn't realize that Bryan was offering those colors. Sorry.

I made a mistake. I didn't realize that Bryan was offering those colors. Sorry.

That is just for the fundraiser, then you can get any color you want as long as it's black.....although I suspect like Henry Ford, he may change his mind. :)

Back
Top Bottom