Project Argonaut, totally new, vintage style DH regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang, looks like I need to copywrite my photos......and that is MY Argonuat in the top photo...:dancingsnoopy:
Some how the Snoopy dance comes to mind....
It has been a lot of fun being in the backgound of the project over the last year or so. The new cans not only look good but have the best exhaust of any reg I have used. I do need to correct you on a number...."WE" did not dive the Argo 26 times, you did....considering there were 7 being dove, the dive count is more like 100-115 dives. All of which went great. I took my reg to 102 ft and I know of at least one that went over 130.

....and I can attest they are even more beautiful in person.

Dang, looks like I need to copywrite my photos......and that is MY Argonuat in the top photo...:dancingsnoopy:
Some how the Snoopy dance comes to mind....
It has been a lot of fun being in the backgound of the project over the last year or so. The new cans not only look good but have the best exhaust of any reg I have used. I do need to correct you on a number...."WE" did not dive the Argo 26 times, you did....considering there were 7 being dove, the dive count is more like 100-115 dives. All of which went great. I took my reg to 102 ft and I know of at least one that went over 130.

Wow, you are being picky... :rolleyes:
I did give you credit for the pictures...
and I did not say "dive the Argo 26 times". What I said was: "We did 26 dives with the Argonaut"... there were multiple Argonauts in each dive. :)
Note: some of the Argonauts were also used inside the Cenotes (caverns/ caves).

And yes, I am very glad that you have been helping in the project.
:D

Here are four being used:
c1cef452-6891-423e-986e-60129bb841e6_zpse32a232e.jpg

I am most impressed with the Argonaut Kraken. It is among the smoothest regulators ever made. The exhaust is simply the best there is, virtually no back pressure at all. I lost track of how many dives that I did with. This is a fully modern, state of the art regulator that just happens to have twin hoses. Superb.

Luis takes a shot of a friendly turtle:

IMG_4160_zps01e0acd4.jpg

Couv on his Phoenix:

IMG_3269_zpscd5e019f.jpg

Herman on the Argonaut:

IMG_3660_zps5748196f.jpg

I do not know who these characters are but apparently the Kraken is checking out the Argonaut Kraken and approves:

IMG_3553_zpsfff55d51.jpg

N

There are many reasons why I would never use a duckbill in a new design.

Just like you would never find a duckbill in a modern rebreather. A rebreather requires the lowest possible flow resistance, but low flow resistance is just one of the many factors why I designed the exhaust with a modern mushroom valve. Other factors are durability, convenience, parts availability, etc.

Also because of the predictable geometry of the exhaust, it is possible to adjust the cracking effort to a precise 0.6 inWC, without much concern of a free flow.

And let me make it clear, the units being discussed here are "test" units and are to be returned after a short testing period. There are no Argonauts that belong to anyone except vdh.

SCUBA state of the art (well, except for the old 1966 Calypso, my first regulator), proud to say that my Cozumel rig is completely non-vintage except for the old Calypso, gotta have something old to go with that which is completely brand spanking new:

PB140007_zpscf4e1440.jpg

(vdh) Argonaut Kraken (pre-production test unit)
(vdh) aluminum plate (works with twin hose or single hose), semi Hog
Oxy 18 Mach V
Highland B&G spg
Atomic Frameless mask
Aeris Accel fins
Aeris Atomos computer
1966 Calypso second serving for air share

Oh well, :(, I gotta send the Kraken back soon, woe is me :(

You might notice that, I, Nemrod, am color coordinated, and that was no accident :wink:, diving in the 21st Century is going to be great.

Do not you think that Luis hoses clash with his outfit? Really now, he best get that color matching wheel out so his outfits coordinate together. :wink:

N

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom