Professional athlete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwayman:
Eh, as far as Im concerned scuba is a sport. Its deffinately a skill based physical activity. Just because competition isnt common doesnt matter to me. You cuold deffinately come up with plenty of scuba based competitive events if you really wanted to. People commonly call stuff like hiking a sport, but its rarely a competite activity.

Maybe we should come up with some scuba based competitions. We can get the media involved ie espn, SI, hobby medias(for you hobby people out there) ect Help to promote more diving. Get more divers involved, so they buy more gear, so prices may fall, so take more classes, so I can train more clients, so the boats get more crowded... oh yeah there is always drawbacks:06:

competition and diving. you may bash me now:D

It is an interesting question though on how do we grow the... uhum SPORT. I've been thinking about this recently trying to come up with new creative ideas to do this. Promoting it in a creative way at a low cost. Free media exposure was always pretty effective in my previous businesses. Any ideas?

I love to watch how threads morph

The only three competitions in diving are

1. Who has the biggest ego
2. Who tells the biggest tall tale
3. Who can sleep with the most divemasters

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom