Proear2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muddiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife has difficulty clearing her ears and is hesitant to try SCUBA diving. We tried to use SNUBA a couple of years ago in Hawaii, but it turned in to a real disaster because the DM wasn't paying any attention and I was trying to drag the float so no one was paying much attention to her.

Anyway, the question is: have any of you tried the mask with the ear pockets that keeps the ears dry and is touted to make clearing easier? If you have please let me know what you thought of the mask. Also did it fit well? My wife has a small face and has been using a TUSA Mimi Kleio mask that is really made for youths.

Thanks

I have trouble with my ears. I use Doc's Pro Plugs. They work well for me, and no need to swith your mask. What ear plugs will do for you is not allow water to enter the ear, but they are vented to allow you to clear. If there are problems beyond this, maybe a medical consult would help.

I always woundered about those.

Thanks

I have one MD, it does keep the water out of your ears well. There are 2 tubes leading to the ear pieces from the mask skirt to allow equalization. I don't know that it makes it easier other than the fact there is no water in your ears. The mask is a good well built mask by IST.

Back
Top Bottom