Problems with the Pinnacle 5 mil merino elastiprene?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another Elastiprene Merino problem that I noticed after just a few dives were threads fraying on the outside of the suit - around the area where weight belt/bcs closures are...

My husband has this suit and absolutely adores it. He's put about 25 dives on it and it still looks brand new. We did notice a bit of threading sticking out, but a quick once over with a lighter and it's back to like new. The threading that stuck out seemed to be the tucked under ends and we haven't seen any fraying or unraveling.

The neck seals on the Pinnacle suits can take a bit of getting used to since they seem to be taller than most other suits, and the rubbery material sticks to your neck, but they also allow almost no water transfer through them, so it doesn't take long to get used to.

I have the 5mm elastiprene and love it. i have dove with it for the past year and do not have any complaints. Fits perfect, keeps me warm, isn't too stiff, and not overly difficult to put on.

I have both the 3mm and 5mm Elastiprene Merino suits and have zero complaints, issues or problems with the suits. Very toasty as well Compared to the Bare and Aqualung suits I have owned, better quality and fit. Totally different pricing category though

Only problem with mine is in water that I would also dive my BARE 5/4 in the Pinnacle is too damn warm! I'm comfy in my 3 mil merino elastiprene down to 75 or so. The 5 has been comfy as low as 67. Below that- screw it I'm diving dry.

We did notice a bit of threading sticking out, but a quick once over with a lighter and it's back to like new. The threading that stuck out seemed to be the tucked under ends and we haven't seen any fraying or unraveling.

Well, I had to do the lighter trick to prevent any further threads fraying too...I understand 2009 suit models have upgraded nylon threading on the outside which is supposed to be snag resistant...I have yet to find an online retailer featuring 2009 models though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom