Problems with Diver's Diary and the Mares Matrix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

svog

New
Reaction score
I recently downloaded the appropriate version and VCD driver for my MAC. While I am able to download my dive info from my Matrix to the Mac, no matter what USB port I connect the Matrix to, I am unable to synch the device as Diver's Diary indicates that no device is found. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there, I'm not sure if this will help you. It is for getting Icon HD to connect to Divers Diary, however I believe the interface is the same. If this doesn't help, drop me a PM and I'll forward you a direct line to our service tech and he should be able to help.

Attachments

• After connecting Icon HD to the Mac.pdf
    310.6 KB · Views: 480
SVOG, did the link help cause I had similar trouble and I can tell you how I got the matrix working with my PC and the Dive Organizer software.

Hey, I got the Mares Matrix, Downloaded the DiversDiary (Ver: 1.2.3) and SiLab Driver but can't seem to get it all to work! It still shows that there is no device in the program. Any suggestions?

Hi,
I do not have a MAC so I am not fully up to speed on the Divers Diary to Computer interface. Piccola, do you have some input on how you got yours to work?

Thanks,

Zak

Zak and Kevin,
I am not a Mac user but I would assume there are conceptual smilarities between the two products. There is also some a text file on the Mares website that has some additional configuration comments, here is the link Software - Downloads - Mares - just add water it is the Divers Diary - into text. It probably is the same for the Matrix since they share the same software. Also I have some questions Kevin. You said you have the software running, when you connect the Matrix does your computer even recognize it for charging? Are you using a USB cable that supports data synch? Is there any indication on the Matrix that it is connected?

Hey Piccola,
The computer does not recognize it in any way, even when it is charging. The usb is the one which mares provides and it works on a pc for sure but not on my mac. I have read the text file but found that it does not show anything in my network area when I attach the Matrix so can't follow those instructions. Once connected there is no indication anywhere that it is connected past the fact that it starts to charge the battery.

I have had the identical issue with Diver's Diary and my Icon HD Net Ready, but it's not even an issue of different computers or USB configuration. Diver's Diary does not work in OS X. But if you run Windows in a virtual machine on the same Mac, Mares Windows dive log works just fine. So it's clear that it's a software issue, not a hardware issue. I have had several communications with Mares techs, who initially thought that the problem was hardware related and limited to the Icon. I told them of my experience, and also told them that I've been using Macdive which, after some beta testing, released a new version that does allow the Icon to communicate with the Mac OS. The said they would look into that. At this point I don't know when, or if, Mares will solve this problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom