Zoop Novo Download issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yakman58

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Zoop Novo that is being funky with the dive log download process. It worked beautifully on my old Lenovo (2016) running Windows 8 with the Windows 10 upgrade. I now own a new Lenovo that runs Windows 10. I have downloaded, then uninstalled and re-downloaded Suunto's DM5 program 3 times. The computer senses the cable being plugged in. The Zoop Novo indicates "data transfer". But the download process absolutely fails to start. When I look at file Explorer, it does not indicate that anything is plugged into the USB port. I tried the process on my wife's MAC and it worked beautifully. Download automatically kicked in with no input from me. Fresh battery in the Zoop Novo, by the way.

When I created a backup file with my wife's computer, the DM5 program on my computer was able to pull in the backup file and populate all dive info on the Zoop.

Thoughts?

Are you particularly dead set on using DM5? If not, give Subsurface a try. I run a Vyper Novo primary/Zoop Novo secondary and much prefer Subsurface.

I saw Subsurface mentioned when googling the problem. I don't have any experience with it. What's driving me crazy is that I have a new computer that is absolutely not talking to the Zoop for no apparent reason. I will take a look at Subsurface at some point, but want to get the DM5 interface working properly before I go to a different software program.

For yor own sanity, get rid of DM5 and download Subsurface or any number of other 3rd party dive log programs as fast as you can. DM5 is a horrible piece of software and causes all manner of problems.

You can (will) thank us later.

For yor own sanity, get rid of DM5 and download Subsurface or any number of other 3rd party dive log programs as fast as you can. DM5 is a horrible piece of software and causes all manner of problems.

You can (will) thank us later.
Duly Noted. :)

Tried to install and run Subsurface. It installed and ran, but absolutely cannot download from the dive computer. Keeps pointing to an error in the USB driver from Suunto.

Tried to install and run Subsurface. It installed and ran, but absolutely cannot download from the dive computer. Keeps pointing to an error in the USB driver from Suunto.
I recently had the same problem on a Windows 10 computer I recently "revived." Can't remember exactly what I googled but it was something like Subsurface Windows 10 drivers for Suunto dive computers. Didn't take long to find what I needed and got it going in short order.

I recently had the same problem on a Windows 10 computer I recently "revived." Can't remember exactly what I googled but it was something like Subsurface Windows 10 drivers for Suunto dive computers. Didn't take long to find what I needed and got it going in short order.
Interesting.....

Thanks!

For the good of the order:

Spent about 2 weeks chasing this issue with a Zoop Novo with Suunto and my computer shop.

This is the answer from my computer shop who troubleshot the issue with Lenovo Premium Support consultation

My wife's 3 year old Mac: Works great
My old (2015) Lenovo with windows 32/64 bit processor: works great.
The computer shop's 2 - 3 year old Lenovo with 32/64 bit processor: Works great
My 2021 Lenovo running 64 bit processor Windows 10: Zilch

Their conclusion: The Suunto supplied USB driver (2014) is outdated and will not work with a 64 bit processor.

I have supplied this info to Sunnto... crickets.

IOW you're SOL until Suunto fixes their Piece Of Software -- assuming of course you're correct and it's the 64 vs 32-bit driver problem. Different lose10 builds have been known to drop and add various driver support without notice, so there's that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom