Problems Buying tickets Bali-Sorong with Citilink

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nausica

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Last week I tried to buy a plane ticket from Bali to Sorong with a layover in Ujung Pandang (UPG) in October with citilink. It was a single ticket, with the two flights. I had some issues at the end with the payment and it didn't go though. I decided to wait a few days to try again, in case that the charge appeared in my credit card, but now in their website I can't search for the flights, there isn't anymore the combination Bali-Sorong, only single flights. I'm trying with the app, but doesn't work either. Chat in website is being unhelpful. Buy the two tickets separetly it is a bit of anxiety-inducing, in case the first flight is cancelled, and I'd prefer to avoid that. Any third party recomendations?

I know Im inside Indonesia, and it is easier said than done for those trying to buy tickets from elsewhere, but I would do all I could to avoid buying tickets from anyone besides the actual airline. If things go really bad, it is not unheard of passengers being at the mercy of the thrid party and not the azirline.

Question: Why Citilink? Why Makassar? You can buy one ticket with Garuda and Batik and transfer through Jakarta. If things go bad somewhere. you will have a ton more flight options through Jakarta.

Why Citilink? Why Makassar? You can buy one ticket with Garuda and Batik and transfer through Jakarta. If things go bad somewhere. you will have a ton more flight options through Jakarta.
I also wonder why Citilink but there are lots of options from Bali to Sorong going through Makassar : it's the fastest way if you get the correct connections with Batik/Lion/Wings air group. (OP might be able to purchase tickets online since he's from Spain and therefore has an european Credit Card)
Going back to Jakarta takes 2h more flight time it's more expensive as well.

Most Indonesian airlines and travel websites refuse international credit cards because of fraud risk. I've had success using traveloka.com. It's a legit flight ticketing website that was started by an Indonesian Harvard graduate. It's the only reliable option that I know of.

Most Indonesian airlines and travel websites refuse international credit cards because of fraud risk
International is not limited to the US.
Being european, I have no problem paying any flight ticket direct to the Indonesian airline, it's a problem of authorization protocol. If your bank can provide 3DS 2.0 secured protocol, your transaction should be accepted by Indo airlines. The important part is the 2.0 (face or digital recognition NOT only a code to type in).
Most european cards encompass this system which is recommended in the EU for strong transaction security

I experienced a similar thing a couple days ago.

A few months ago I booked a Citilink flight (through Traveloka) from UPG Makassar to SOQ Sorong for December. Fast forward to a few days ago, I received a whatsapp text from Citilink saying that the flight has been cancelled. Immediately contacted Traveloka and painstakingly go through the refund process, then book another replacement Lion flight which costs more because the dates are closer to the flight.
Also, a point to consider is that a Garuda flight is usually about twice the price of most budget carriers but I assume they are as reliable as Indonesian airlines get.

@abrmy

Garuda is slightly better. but they still cancel flights on occasion (with little/no notice or explanation. Batik Airlines is the boutique side of Lion Air, and are also fairly reliable. The Jakarta to Sorong flights are all over priced (relative to the market), but if you don't want to deal with the stress of having flights cancelled, rescheduled, etc. pay a little more and give yourself an extra day or so make that connection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom