Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Laval , did you use the wifi much ? Sounds like internet is OK (which beats the heck out of no internet), just didn’t know how well it will work if I want to download a couple of movies If I burn through the ones I brought from the states. I also usually set my US phone up for wifi calling

@Laval , did you use the wifi much ? Sounds like internet is OK (which beats the heck out of no internet), just didn’t know how well it will work if I want to download a couple of movies If I burn through the ones I brought from the states. I also usually set my US phone up for wifi calling
gozcharlie, last time we've been at the Sorido Bay Resort, they had good internet - sufficient for my needs. I , however, had never tried to download a movie, as I do not watch movies on vacations. If you really need movies, I would recommend downloading them in the US.

gozcharlie, last time we've been at the Sorido Bay Resort, they had good internet - sufficient for my needs. I , however, had never tried to download a movie, as I do not watch movies on vacations. If you really need movies, I would recommend downloading them in the US.
Thanks @Laval . I will be in Indonesia for nearly a month and sometimes the streaming services get a little funky if I have been offline for a while. Amazon Prime actually blocked me from accessing movies that I owned (not rented ) and had downloaded onto my kindle fire when I went offline for a week while on an aggressor in Palau. I had downloaded a bunch in advance and couldn’t watch them until I got back near wifi. (I was pissed). Just trying to plan ahead if I need to reload on downloads while I am at Sorido.

Thanks @Laval . I will be in Indonesia for nearly a month and sometimes the streaming services get a little funky if I have been offline for a while. Amazon Prime actually blocked me from accessing movies that I owned (not rented ) and had downloaded onto my kindle fire when I went offline for a week while on an aggressor in Palau. I had downloaded a bunch in advance and couldn’t watch them until I got back near wifi. (I was pissed). Just trying to plan ahead if I need to reload on downloads while I am at Sorido.
In this case, you may want to use VPN and select a 'connection' server somewhere in the US. This way, the Amazon Prime or any other providers will think that you are still in the US. I subscribed to NordVPN, which is not cheap, but I believe it provides me with an additional layer of cyber security, especially during travels when we have to use unsecured internet connections.

Back
Top Bottom