problem with new reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medicbrain

Reaction score
I just bought a sherwood magnum from my LDS. I haven't had the chance to test dive it in my pool yet, but I was seeing how it felt in my mouth the other day and noticed I was able to breath a small amount of outside air through the regulator. the resistance is considerable but I could get air through it none the less. If its a problem I'll take it back to the shop but I didn't know if it was normal for that particular make or not. Thanks is advance for any advice.

If your 1st stage was well sealed, you have a problem. Try it again, making sure no air is getting in thru the firsr tsage inlet (put your thumb over it). If you get any air at all, take it back for service.

Perhaps a little too technical but the air that you are getting through the unpressurized reg is because when the system is not pressurized, the piston is not pressing against the seat and the air travels through the reg. However as mentioned, if you are getting air when the first stage dust cap is in place you may have a probelm, and I would keep it simple by taking it back to where you got it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom