Problem with Baltic Blender, wrong calculation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think "my" 1 bar difference is caused by this. I do not always get this 1 bar, sometimes output and target pressure are the same, zero bar difference.
I operate in imperial and I will always be about 15 psi higher than desired assuming the same starting and temperatures are used. If it is hotter or colder than standard temperature, then there will obviously be differences.

That's my question. Do I have to wait for temp to stabilize? Does the app give pressure at high (what is high?) or low temp?
The Help section covers this. The app gives the required pressure at the temperature you enter. There is no High or Low temps, there are only the temps you enter to be used by the calculations based on your actual measurements.

Attachments

• IMG_2273F50BFFC5-1.jpeg
    IMG_2273F50BFFC5-1.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 39
well kinda?

Since you had the right mix but the pressure was low and temperature seems "cool" for a final cylinder temp. So I just used P1/T1 = P2/T2 to figure out how much warmer it would need to be to reach 250bar. Not sure where in the app it's using temperature or why you're getting 21C when Guy-Lussac's gives me 24C (yes I used Kelvin)
Nice I guess you just checked that Baltic is computing the temperature adjustment correctly …

Nice I guess you just checked that Baltic is computing the temperature adjustment correctly …
I don't have Baltic, just saw the 14C pressure and thought "that's not standard" and guessed that 20C might actually create 300 bar. Turns out its 24C which is a bit higher than STP. I don't know exactly what's happening inside of Baltic for temp compensation.

The Help section covers this. The app gives the required pressure at the temperature you enter. There is no High or Low temps, there are only the temps you enter to be used by the calculations based on your actual measurements.
So, this point is clear. Baltic Blender calculates at the temp I enter, here 14C. And again: why do we sometimes get 1 bar difference? It can not be explained by temp.

Assuming all temperatures are the same (including the Standard Temperature set in preferences), the final pressure is going to be 1 Bar higher (see below).

The developer believes he failed to convert the target pressure from ambient to gauge. He said he will take a look at the code. The good news is that he is actively working to update the App for the latest iOS release.

1685671599223.png

Assuming all temperatures are the same (including the Standard Temperature set in preferences), the final pressure is going to be 1 Bar higher (see below).

The developer believes he failed to convert the target pressure from ambient to gauge. He said he will take a look at the code. The good news is that he is actively working to update the App for the latest iOS release.

View attachment 786108
Ah, it's a bug, very good to know.

Is this bug on final pressure only or on intermediate pressure as well?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom