Probable Stanley Cup playoff matchups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tedtim:
That was a mighty big fall to be close to third (Calgary final total of 103 points) and to finish less than eighth (Vancouver 92 points)

I think the teams placed 3rd through 10th were in the same boat. But, some teams lost when they had to win and some played well. There was one point when Vancouver had 2 or 3 games in California, win them and they would overtake Calgary. I think they lost them all...

tedtim:
This type of situation just shows that the NHL should go to a balanced schedule. M'thinks that the Detroit results were a bit skewed because of the strength of their opposing teams as compared to others.
I've heard that a few times lately. While Detroit was feeding on the likes of St. Louis and Chicago, the Northwest division teams were in some pretty intense battles. I heard the same comment about Dallas, but looking at their division, it doesn't make sense.

Bill.

It looks like the Sens forgot a few things last evening.

The game starts when the puck drops.

The period ends when the horn goes after twenty minutes.

The Sabres don't quit.

Game one loss in overtime. I am depressed.

Wow that was a high scoring game. How long until Hasek is ready to play? Emery may have done ok in the first round but obviously he is far from proven as a playoff goaltender. Actually, that was a pathetic goaltending effort on both sides.

And what's with these lame afternoon games? I woke up this morning to watch the Jersey/Carolina game and see that it's over. And a 6-0 score at that. Yikes. I'm glad I missed the game. Who wants to watch playoff hockey like that?

Lightning Fish:
I've heard that a few times lately. While Detroit was feeding on the likes of St. Louis and Chicago, the Northwest division teams were in some pretty intense battles. I heard the same comment about Dallas, but looking at their division, it doesn't make sense.

Dallas was in one of the most competitive divisions (Pacific) in the entire league, having to play the likes of LA, Anaheim and San Jose. And even Phoenix was pretty competitive until the Tocchet scandal broke.

ScubaTexan:
Dallas was in one of the most competitive divisions (Pacific) in the entire league, having to play the likes of LA, Anaheim and San Jose. And even Phoenix was pretty competitive until the Tocchet scandal broke.

Exactly. That's why the CBC commentator who grouped Dallas in with weaker teams did not make any sense. (But I think we discussed earlier that some of these comentators don't know what they are talking about.)

Oh, and I'll agree that Dallas was in the second most difficult division. :D

Bill.

Well, the Sens are in trouble now. It's certainly not over yet but I don't envy them going back to Buffalo for the next 2 games.

On a side note, Bob Cole's coverage of the series has been terrific as usual. Go Bob go. We love you. :D

cole.jpg

You are mad!!! Of course Bob Cole has the whole thing down to a science. Never learn the player's names, so yo can't make a mistake. Also it's easier just to say "The Sens break into the opposition zone" or "The Sens ice the puck"

jiveturkey:
On a side note, Bob Cole's coverage of the series has been terrific as usual. Go Bob go. We love you. :D

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jiveturkey:
Well, the Sens are in trouble now. It's certainly not over yet but I don't envy them going back to Buffalo for the next 2 games.

Nor do I. Tough spot they have put themselves in.

jiveturkey:
On a side note, Bob Cole's coverage of the series has been terrific as usual. Go Bob go. We love you.

You must have strange pin up posters in your bedroom.

CBC = Cancel Boob Cole

tedtim:
Nor do I. Tough spot they have put themselves in.

You must have strange pin up posters in your bedroom.

CBC = Cancel Boob Cole

If they only play to their potential they can easily win. Gotta have the defence as well as the offence. They didnt' have it in game 1. Game 2 was just a heartbreaker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom