pro plus 2.1 (metal buttons) VS grey buttons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbomb001

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK so i bought a pro plus 2.1 and in the water it works great but i bought the pc cable and went through the steps to download to my pc i can not get the pdc into pc mode. the guide said to go to set mode one after conecting to the cable and push the left button four times so i do and it skips right pass the pc setting and goes right back to surface mode like "pc mode" is not even there. has any one else had this issue?...btw i called oceanic and they say i have the wrong cable and so i took it to my lds and they pulled one off the shelf and hooked it up and it worked fine with the one off the shelf... but the one of the shelf had the grey buttons ...but at the same time the one with gray buttons had pc mode without having to hook up the cable first ??
sorry if this sounds like a ramble ...just seems odd and i did order the new cable it just hasent come in yet and info would b great!!

Make sure you have the correct cable. I ordered on for my PP2.1 and received the one for the PP2. I believe the PP2 uses a 4-9604 part number and the PP2.1 useing a 4-9606 part number. The cables look completely different. Uses USB Cable P/N 04.9604 or 04.9606 only.

Download the USB code from Oceanic. Then plug the cable into your computer. Then, with your PDC on, plut in the USB cable. The countdown time (120 seconds) will begin for you to press the function button to activate the connection. All this can be downloaded from Oceanic.

Support » Software

Edit: BTW, the first couple of times I tried to connect the PDC I had the cable upside down. It's easy to do, but it won't work unless it is rightside up.

thanks for the info im still waiting on new cable to come in and i do think that i did have the wrong one but was not sure why the pc mode was showing on the one in the shop but did not show on mine .. guess the 2 and 2.1 have more diffs. then just the buttons lol

FYI, I just tried installing on a Windows 7 machine and I'm having problems. USB code required I use the 64 bit version, computer recognizes cable, but when I plug cable into PDC and press both buttons to activate Set 1, nothing happens. I'll have to give this more attention tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom