PRO Crossover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Tom, thanks for the input.

If I understand correctly, you do not crossover at the same level (i.e. DM) but you have to take the DCS course as a DM from another agency.

What I want to know is that, is there a direct crossover, meaning you are a let's say, PADI DM, and the instructor/dive operation wants to hire you to assist to increase their ratio but with another agency, and allow you to be a (Insert agency name here)'s DM by giving you a direct crossover without selling you another class or course, satisfied that you have already met the requirement by being a DM of another agency. Does any S&P provide for this?

As far as SSI you CAN crossover as a divemaster from xyz to SSI divemaster. That's the whole reasoning behind their new dive guide, divemaster ratings.
But as Tom said with any agency you are required to complete a crossover course.
So if you are just beginning to enter into dive leadership choose the agency you plan to use carefully so that they will meet your requirements later down the road.

Back
Top Bottom