Princeton Tec Quality......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viveco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought two princeton tec lights and both didn't light up. The shockwave led first turn on but the switch was very hard then it didn't want to turn off when finally I turned it off there was some kind of rattling inside the light. I open the battery compartment and there goes flying all kinds of little springs. As you may see I had to send it for repair to princeton tec and I only had for two minutes. I also bought a torrent led for "backup". Proceeded to put the batteries and then..... nothing. I really could not believe it. There are some instructions that if the light doesnt start to move 180 degress the reflector so the polarity, blah blah. Tried to move everything and nothing worked. So here I am waiting for my NEW lights to get repaired and missing the weekly night dive. Guys, what has been your experience with princeton tec quality? Is this common or just my strange case?

take care, and dive every time you can!!!

I just got a cheap little $16 PT Rage light as a backup to my UK SL-6. Build quality seems OK. I hope it's not a piece of crap. It gets good reviews - I hope it doesn't leak.

I've got SEVERAL Princeton Tec lights....

BTW..... there is a whole thread on the ScubaToys forum about warranty on broken PT lights.

However, I'm about to send in my 6th and 7th broken PrincetonTec lights for warranty replacment.

The good thing is that they have an iron clad warranty and get them back to you in reasonable time and pay the return shipping. Every time I've shipped w/o the batteries to save postage and gotten them back with batteries also.

However, I'm getting tired of them breaking. It's doubful that I would buy another. not after 7 broken ones.

I am surprised. I have used PT lights since 1984. I have flooded one or two, had them replaced under the warranty, and continue to use them. Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

I have a few of them and never had any problems. Sorry to hear about your problems

torrent led is a good back up light. oxycheq radier is the best all-around hand held I've seen so far. I use the raider as a primary, and the torrent as a backup. never a problem with either

Hey, what do you need for the warranty anyway? It's not like I have the receipt for this light anymore. Is it a 1 year, or lifetime, or what?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom