Princeton Tec Quality......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a couple of these lights and my newest will turn itself on when it gets wet and then off again when I ascend to about 5 ft. I have an RMA just haven't sent it back yet. I have several others and no problems from them, so I am not quite ready to pull the plug on the company. YMMV.
Safe Dives
Charlie

LOL. Not laughing at your misfortune, but that sounds like a "wet activation mode" light. They probably coudn't build one to do that intentionally.:D

Irishsquid,
I have to agree, but it would be tough on the batteries if you carried it as a back up light.

Irishsquid,
I have to agree, but it would be tough on the batteries if you carried it as a back up light.
The Energizer Bunny was probably the head engineer in that light's design.
I have 2 PT lights now for 2 years, and so far they have been rock solid.
(knock on wood)

how do you like the Princeton Tec strobe light?

Do you think it's bright enough to find the anchor line from say 200 feet away ?

The light itself will carry a great distance, but underwater is a whole other animal. If your visibility is 200 feet, you will most likely be able to see the light. But rarely do people find themselves in that kind of dive environment. The light will do all it can, however, the water might not always be willing to play along.

let me re-phrase that question.

Lets say you're 200 feet away in 50 ft visibility. Would you be able to see the light then?

People related visibility to normal conditions. However I've noticed that strobe lights will penetrate poorer visibility. maybe not perfectly, but you can see it over other items/lights typically.

I might need to buy two different lights perhaps and run a test. The Princeton Tec one and a stronger one.

I have a Princeton-Tec Shockwave II LED that the trigger broke. The LDS fixed it easily and haven't had any problem since. I bought a small PT Attitude and out of the box something crosswired because when I put in the battery, it shorted out. Sent back to PT and they sent a new one back within two weeks.

Currently I'm using the Intova Nova Great deal on INTOVA NOVA WIDE ANGLE LED from Divers-Supply.com

The link shows the black one which is 130-lumens wide angle and there is a slightly cheaper, more focused, 75-lumens silver one.

The Shockwave is a good light, but this black Intova puts out the same oomph at maybe 1/4 of the size. The Shockwave is now my backup Primary just in case this Intova die. My Secondary is the silver Intova Nova.

NudeDiver> Yeah, it's lifetime... No receipt required.
I personally own a Torred Led, it flooded once and I was doubtful about their brand but after they replaced it I bought the new brigther Shockwave Led and I'm quite happy so far...

Lot's of lube and proper maintenance does the trick...
=)

Much better experience with Princeton Tech than Underwater Kinetics... They Will NOT repair failed lights in some situations. PT has been great in that regard..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom