Princeton Tec Bottom TImer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darth Fishhead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently picked up a Princeton Tec gauge set, and I think the Bottom Timer might need a new battery. When I remove the timer from the console, it has a rubber case, that I can't see how to remove. Any suggestions?
(I'm thinking that I should probably post a pic asap.)
Can't seem to get the images in my post, so here's a link to my gallery. http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/77503

No battery required, it is a wind up stopwatch type. We had them in the 70's and I still use one on every dive.

If you pull out the stem you should be able to set the hand to zero (12 O'clock). Then push it back in and wind it a few turns. If it is any good it will start at about 2 feet of water, or pull the black rubber cover off and you should see a black rubber disk on the back, press on it and the hand should start.

These BT are just about bullet proof and as long as you remember to wind and set them to zero for every dive, it will give you good service for years to come.

I also like to have one "dumb" BT and depth gage so if any batteries run down I can still keep going.

Word?
Ok... stupid question from someone who does not normally wear a watch... do I wind clockwise or counterclockwise?:confused:

Looking down on the stem (the round thingy) turn it clockwise.

FYI, if you turn it the wrong way it will just slip, the right way and you should hear it ratchet. On mine if you do too much there seems to be a clutch that will let go before you damage anything. Sounds like you did but you winded it all the way and it will not let you go further.

Back
Top Bottom