PrimeScuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Copying a database driven web site requires a little more than cut and paste. You guys should both have a conversation with your web developers. Its not uncommon for developers to use similar back ends or off the shelf products which look very similar when implemented "out of the box." If that part about the the return address is true I would definately be talking with them.
As a web developer myself (although I would never directly implement a back end in such a way) I can confirm that this is an all to common problem. I have noticed several other examples of matching sites in my web browsing. It is likely they both used a standard template for some common ecommerce back end and just changed around the colors a bit.

I ordered from PrimeScuba last week to get the Dive Rite Hurricane reg package they have on sale, which is a very good price. When I called, it seemed that they were very busy and didn't have a hold system on their phone as the salesperson was conducting two different phone calls at the same time. When I got my order 3 days later I saw I had the wrong octo. I had to pull that off and send that back in. I called them up and got ahold of someone telling me to send it back to them and I think they offered to refund the shipping but I haven't been able to contact them since. I wanted to make sure the address was correct for shipping and see if I could get a longer regulator hose. I tried calling and leaving a message and sending an email but got nothing back from either. So speed of delivery is good but customer service seems to be a little lacking.

I ordered from PrimeScuba last week to get the Dive Rite Hurricane reg package they have on sale, which is a very good price. When I called, it seemed that they were very busy and didn't have a hold system on their phone as the salesperson was conducting two different phone calls at the same time. When I got my order 3 days later I saw I had the wrong octo. I had to pull that off and send that back in. I called them up and got ahold of someone telling me to send it back to them and I think they offered to refund the shipping but I haven't been able to contact them since. I wanted to make sure the address was correct for shipping and see if I could get a longer regulator hose. I tried calling and leaving a message and sending an email but got nothing back from either. So speed of delivery is good but customer service seems to be a little lacking.

Hello Michael,
Sorry for the delays. We have been closed for the religious holidays, and are open full time again this Thursday, the 23rd. Unfortunately your inquiries came in during the times we were either closing or were already closed. Our holiday schedule is posted on our website, as it can indeed be very confusing. Your correct octo is ready to go, and as promised you will be compensated for your postage. I left you a VM on everything, so let me know.
Thanks, and again, sorry for the delay.
Take Care,
George

Has anyone noticed how similar the PrimeScuba.com and LeisurePro.com websites are?

max

I found it a little odd, after all the denial that they are not affilated, that they both have the EXACT SAME holiday schedule this month (October).

Smells a little fishy here.

Sam

I've been to and purchased from both.

Leisure Pro has that unique NYC feel, (actually if you get a chance to go there take popcorn and watch the fun), I don't mean that in a bad way. I've had great service in the shop and by internet. Just remember they be city folk.

Primescuba is up here in the middle of no where and are country folk. Went there to purchase a Zeagle reg. this spring. The person could not have been nicer or more helpful. I would feel comfortable shopping or ordering from them again.

I just wish George could make it to a DiveNY get together.

Regards,

John

Last edited:
I found it a little odd, after all the denial that they are not affilated, that they both have the EXACT SAME holiday schedule this month (October).

Smells a little fishy here.
Lemme guess:

Not very many Jewish people where you live?

Never been to New York?

:eyebrow:

Lemme guess:

Not very many Jewish people where you live?

Never been to New York?

:eyebrow:

Nope... ANd after reading the post from the guy/gal who has been in both stores, i retract my comments.

I just found it odd that they take almost the whole month of October off.

Sorry LP and PrimeScuba.com.

Regards,
Sam

Nope... ANd after reading the post from the guy/gal who has been in both stores, i retract my comments.

I just found it odd that they take almost the whole month of October off.

Sorry LP and PrimeScuba.com.

Regards,
Sam

Hi Sam,
No problem, alot of people get confused by all the holidays. To add to the confusion, the dates change every year because they are scheduled according to a lunar and seasonal calender rather than the solar calender that most people are used to. Just remember, we didn't make them, we just follow them. The days between Rosh Hoshanna and Yom Kippur are the days of judgement that most people read about in the Book of Revelation - where the books are opened and all mankind is judged. Few realize that this is the time of the year that this is done, and even fewer realize that this is a yearly event. As for the timing, well you'll just have to ask The Big Course Director Upstairs - s/he's totally in charge of setting the dates.
Take care, and Happy New Year!
George

I ordered an OMS wing and Comfort Harness System. I reside in South Africa and the items arrived safely within 10 days. Thanks PrimeScuba. I will definitely use you guys again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom