Pricing on BC / Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VegasDiver

Reaction score

After a year of coaxing, my wife is ready for her first kit. However since I live in land locked Las Vegas I have the feeling that the dive operators in my area have the market "locked up" as far as pricing goes.
I was quoted $1,335.00 for a kit comprised of a Transpac II w/ Rec wings,and integrated weights. A Scubapro MK20/G250hp for the regs and Air2 octo.
The price seems a little steep for the package. Please give me your opinion on this pricing, least I be blead like a pig.

Thanks

Garrett

VegasDiver,not a bad price.Excellent gear.Also consider that you are starting a relationship with the people you trust to service your life-support equipment.By buying locally you also get better warranty service.Try all the on-line shops -if you get within 10-15%(you did)then IMHO it's worth it to have a warranty shop cose by esp. with scuba-pro. most internals are covered lifetime if serviced by thier dealers.

100days-

I have been diving and buying from this particular shop for some time now, and have always been fair. However recently they opened a second store and took on another business partner. It seemed only prudent to double check the pricing, especially considering that additions to their mangement.

As far as buying gear from on-line vendors, I have done so for the occasional bits and pieces. Never for a piece of equipment that my life depends on.

Thanks

Garrett

Vegas Diver,
I did the quick math and that prie seems to be pretty good to me - not out of this world fantastic, but you are not being bled either! And that is top of the line equipment if you ask me - that reg will stay around for 20 years!

Terkel

Back
Top Bottom