Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's not how it works. You do the class and pool *before* any of the open water dives.
Thanks for the correction. Sounds like a long and tiring two days. Are we having fun yet?
When I did my ePADI referral with a shop in PDC, I did the pool work at 8am Day 1, then two morning check out dives. Day 2 was two morning check out dives. Day 3, I was in Cozumel doing regular dives.

None of the dives involved more than 5-10 minutes worth of exercises. It certainly didn't inconvenience me or make me feel like I had "wasted" 4 dives.

And I really don't regret doing my full OW course in cold, murky Lake Travis during April.

That's not how it works. You do the class and pool *before* any of the open water dives.
Yes I know. Morning classes and pool, afternoon check out dives.

Thanks for the correction. Sounds like a long and tiring two days. Are we having fun yet?
Yes, that agenda is doable, but aggressive. And if classroom is the same weekend too, I would be very concerned about corner cutting and relative quality of the instructive. If CW are close to each other and minimally challenging, I suppose that would help.

When I did my ePADI referral with a shop in PDC, I did the pool work at 8am Day 1, then two morning check out dives. Day 2 was two morning check out dives. Day 3, I was in Cozumel doing regular dives.

None of the dives involved more than 5-10 minutes worth of exercises. It certainly didn't inconvenience me or make me feel like I had "wasted" 4 dives.

And I really don't regret doing my full OW course in cold, murky Lake Travis during April.
I was certed at Windy Point and I haven't been diving in that mudhole since, but when I went to Monterrey Bay it wasn't a big deal. To each his own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom