Price check on Steel HP120's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fast97rs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As the title says.... how much are two used steel HP 120's going for?

I ran into a pair that are going for $500 ($250 each)

Is that a good deal?

Thanks,

How used. When was the last hydro?

Is that a good deal?

No it's a great deal.

Like anything else if you can make sure they are OK it becomes a wondeful deal. If you can, make the sale based on a clean VIP that you witness & pay for. That leaves hydo. If you think they have been worked hard you can offer to pay for fresh passing hydros on top of the $500.

If they are the older 3500 PST series be advised that they have a small neck that can be hard to salvage if rust gets going. The 3442 PSI series (PST E series, X series Worthington) Have the common valve thread.

Pete

Very little....guy says its brand new (never been in water), but I didn't think to ask him over the phone the operating PSI.

Is the older 3500psi tank still worth it?

Very little....guy says its brand new (never been in water), but I didn't think to ask him over the phone the operating PSI.

Is the older 3500psi tank still worth it?

Again. When was the last hydro on these tanks? You can buy new ones for only $70 more, and these would be BRAND NEW for real - from a store. So IMO, it's not a spectacular deal, unless they're already doubled with bands and manifolds, etc.

Otherwise, it's a pretty good deal, but if you're going to have to hydro the tanks next year, that almost negates the good deal about it.

Hydro is up to date, but I don't know exact date.... gonna drop by and see them @ 1pm, and buy then I'll probably be buying them.

How much are they going for new then? I can't find anywere that sells HP120's new for $285....do you have a link?

Thanks again everyone!

Check the DEALS section on the forum- someone is selling new Fabers for $249.

yeah... that's a good price... but you won't be able to lift the tank.

it's one of those old Fabers and weights 48 pounds empty. -16 lbs full and -7 pounds empty in water. (but might be great for a drysuit diver).

I'd much prefer a tank that doesn't weigh that much. for a HP120, consider the Worthington HP120 (X8-120). It's only 38 pounds. (however, it's much heavier on the wallet!)

They are Worthington X7-120 with an operating presure of 3442 psi.

Original hydro on both is 08/2006 and VIP is good till 12/2007.

What do these go for? The guy said the were new, but they look to be VERY lightly used.

What are these going for used?

Thanks,

New best price I've seen is $389.

I haven't seen used for less than he's asking. It seems fair to me.

Back
Top Bottom