Price check on Steel HP120's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fast97rs:
They are Worthington X7-120 with an operating presure of 3442 psi. Original hydro on both is 08/2006 and VIP is good till 12/2007.
They are newer 120s, only a year into the hydro cycle. To get them for $250, local (i.e. no shipping, no tax), is a good deal.

That's a good deal on the HP's I'da been all over those babies like a Miami-Dade Commissioner on an insider deal.
I've been looking for a couple of them to replace my LP108's. Buy 'em - you don't like them, trade me for mine.

Richesb:
Hell No!!!!!!!!You can buy NEW 120's for just about that price. Check Divers Direct.
That MAY be true. But the DD website lists new HP 117s for $325 each. $250 each for year old Worthington 120s still seems like a good deal.

OK..... he's "changed his mind" since I mailed the check.

He now wants $350 per tank.

Shops local to me have these tanks in the $425 range...... Is that still decent or should I just ask for my money back?

He changed his mind after you already had an agreement and verbal contract on the sale and now wants more money?

this is a common tactic just to seperate you from your money.

tell him to go ******* off and stop payment on the check.

OK..... he's "changed his mind" since I mailed the check.

He now wants $350 per tank.

Shops local to me have these tanks in the $425 range...... Is that still decent or should I just ask for my money back?

Brand new HP 3442 119s at Divesports.com for $345..right now. I think they trim a little better than the 120s anyway.

Stop payment on the check and buy new tanks.

I don't think I'd trust him at this point...

Is he offering to return your check?? Maybe the fifteen bucks (or what the going rate these days is) may be worth the cost for a stop payment on the check.

Keep shopping, there are better deals out there.

I stopped payment. Cost me $25.... thats what I get.... I knew I felt something off with this guy.

I stopped payment. Cost me $25.... thats what I get.... I knew I felt something off with this guy.

I'd still tell him to send the check back to you and not tell him you stopped payment until you get it back. Just best to get it back from you so he doesn't try to trump up some bogus charge of 'worthless check'.

BTW... I know paying $25 to stop payment sucks, but blame the bank on those high fees. All banks charge that ridiculous amount now. But being out $25 is better than being out $500.

Back
Top Bottom