Prevent tanks rolling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's the spacing between noodle segments?

Oh, about "that" far! :D

LOL
If you check the method I posted earlier, if you tie the knot and the noodles are too close or too far apart, it is easy to make adjustments. About 6" is a good starting point.

I never thought about washers, I simply wrapped each section of noodle with the line and spliced it back through so it couldn't move along the line.

My tank holder is a Honda Element ... comes with built-in tie-downs. All I needed to add was a couple of bungee cords ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, Honday CRV has the same thing on the floor, but it doesn't work very well to me. So, I did DIY rack....

Walter:
Yeah Bob, but it's the second ugliest auto ever built.

Really, it is a good looking design to me. It looks like an old German desigend something.... :)

Walter:
Yeah Bob, but it's the second ugliest auto ever built.

Whu?

Aztec?

Aurora?

For AL80s, spacing is just about 5" between knots for the tank parts, and use about 3" between knots for the noodle parts. The washers do make a difference -- I've used mine about 15 times so far, mix of 2 and 4 tanks, still in excellent condition.

I'm just going to use a milk crate cut down.

Back
Top Bottom