Prevent tanks rolling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
I believe its the original floor from this 1945 house. Its all over the original part of the house - with nail lines in several places denoting when walls were moved, etc. We refinished when we moved in 5 years ago.

In some places the rays from the oak catch the moving light and are just this luminous 3D. They're pretty cool

---
Ken

My wife keeps telling me to put in wood floors, but our house is only 4 years old and the carpet is still in great shape. I guess I could have gone the other way with your post.
WOW, nice rack. :D

I cheated and tossed in a couple of stainless steel washers, so the knots don't get pulled into the noodles -- My "executive model" :) 4-tank DIY ran about $6

markfm:
I cheated and tossed in a couple of stainless steel washers, so the knots don't get pulled into the noodles -- My "executive model" :) 4-tank DIY ran about $6

Like it. When I build the second one this summer, I'm adding the MarkMod.

---
Ken

Ya'll work too hard at this stuff! I bought 1 noodle that had a hole down the center, cut it into 4 equal pieces, and ran some nylon clothesline I had lying around throgh 2 and tied a knot. I now have 2 tank holders for my very small trunk, and lay the tanks valve to valve. Noodle cost me 1.69, and took about 10 minutes total to make including picking out which knife I wanted to dull cutting the foam. I decided on a serated steak knife. Worked wonders. Best part is I figured they would last a few months most and here it is a couple years later and they are still working just dandy!

Corigan:
I basically made one of these for about $2.50:

http://www.diverssupplyusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=16928

Went to Wal-mart bought a Fun Noodle for $1.50 and then cut it into 3 pieces (I only used 3 pieces to make a 2 tank rack, the one in the link is a 3 tank rack). Then I bought some thick rope for $1 from walmart. Drilled holes in the 3 pieces, strung through the rope tying knots on each side of the foam pieces. Nice and easy and keeps tanks from rolling around. Also only cost me $2.50+20 minutes of assembly time.

Matt

But Jenny, that misses the point -- DIY gets extra points for Rube Goldberg frills :) On mine, I left extra rope at one end, turned it into a little hanging handle.

markfm:
But Jenny, that misses the point -- DIY gets extra points for Rube Goldberg frills :) On mine, I left extra rope at one end, turned it into a little hanging handle.

Anything worth doing, it worth overdoing.

---
Ken

markfm:
The time-tested guyism:
Anything worth doing, it worth overdoing.

---
Ken
Hmmm, Mark since you are an over acheiver, wanna clean my house??? :D

No way -- those Floridian beetles are mutant monsters (did you tell the LED group that you're actually coming to PA full time, rather than cleaning your place :)

For me, I let the dust bunnies grow to full size dust rabbits, gives Heidi something to herd.

The Mark Mod is nice. I have noticed the problem with my knots being pulled into the noodles, and the washers sound like a perfect fix.

Matt

I just throw in enough tanks that they can't move. Then I have to find room for the rest... can't have too much gas, don'tchaknow :)
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom