Prevent tanks rolling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divechilly:
Any inexpensive solutions for preventing tanks from rolling in the trunk?

Wetsuit on one side, fin on the other. But to be honest, I"ve never put a tank in the trunk of a car.
:D

I basically made one of these for about $2.50:

http://www.diverssupplyusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=16928

Went to Wal-mart bought a Fun Noodle for $1.50 and then cut it into 3 pieces (I only used 3 pieces to make a 2 tank rack, the one in the link is a 3 tank rack). Then I bought some thick rope for $1 from walmart. Drilled holes in the 3 pieces, strung through the rope tying knots on each side of the foam pieces. Nice and easy and keeps tanks from rolling around. Also only cost me $2.50+20 minutes of assembly time.

Matt

Corigan:

http://www.diverssupplyusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=16928

Went to Wal-mart bought a Fun Noodle for $1.50 and then cut it into 3 pieces (I only used 3 pieces to make a 2 tank rack, the one in the link is a 3 tank rack). Then I bought some thick rope for $1 from walmart. Drilled holes in the 3 pieces, strung through the rope tying knots on each side of the foam pieces. Nice and easy and keeps tanks from rolling around. Also only cost me $2.50+20 minutes of assembly time.

Matt

Great idea, thanks.
David

Easiest / cheapest is to put them on the floor of your car's backseat. One on the passenger side, one on the driver's side.

Corigan:

Matt

Here's mine. Tossed my tanks on the back seat for years, made this in the fall, and LOVE IT!!!

Ken

Mo2vation:
Here's mine. Tossed my tanks on the back seat for years, made this in the fall, and LOVE IT!!!

Ken

WOW, nice. So who did your wood floor? :D

Ya'll are doing it wrong! I simply smiled and said 'Pretty please!'. A friend custom made me my very own set of pool noodle tank keepers for my steel 95's. :crafty:

When I bought a couple of used tanks, the previous owner threw in a four tank rack cut from 2 x 4s, with cross braces, painted, non-skid lined cutouts, everything. Either he liked making this stuff, or had too much time on his hands - but it has been handy!

dlndavid:
WOW, nice. So who did your wood floor? :D

I belive its the original floor from this 1945 house. Its all over the original part of the house - with nail lines in several places denoting when walls were moved, etc. We refinished when we moved in 5 years ago.

In some places the rays from the oak catch the moving light and are just this luminous 3D. They're pretty cool

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom