Presidente Intercontinental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are some images from 1969, when Cozumel's Hotel Presidente opened.

1A_1969_PRESIDENTE_COZUMEL_JUAN_SORDO_MADALENO_PRINT_B_W_PHOTO_by_Guillermo_Zamora-copy.jpg

2B_1969_PRESIDENTE_COZUMEL_JUAN_SORDO_MADALENO_PRINT_B_W_PHOTO_by_Guillermo_Zamora-copy.jpg
3C_1969_PRESIDENTE_COZUMEL_JUAN_SORDO_MADALENO_PRINT_B_W_PHOTO_by_Guillermo_Zamora-copy.jpg

4D_1969_PRESIDENTE_COZUMEL_JUAN_SORDO_MADALENO_PRINT_B_W_PHOTO_by_Guillermo_Zamora-copy.jpg

5E_1969_PRESIDENTE_COZUMEL_JUAN_SORDO_MADALENO_PRINT_B_W_PHOTO_by_Guillermo_Zamora-copy.jpg

6C_1969_PRESIDENTE_COZUMEL_JUAN_SORDO_MADALENO_PRINT_B_W_PHOTO_by_Guillermo_Zamora-copy.jpg

7C_1969_PRESIDENTE_COZUMEL_JUAN_SORDO_MADALENO_PRINT_B_W_PHOTO_by_Guillermo_Zamora-copy.jpg

3e989cc6b089fc1095096c7127edaea8.jpg

Thanks for the reply Dave. Do you pick up from Playa Azul? If not is it walking distance to the Villa Aldora? How about he Westin? Thank you so much!

I drove by the Westin yesterday. It looks new and nice. It's pretty far north, though. It definitely requires a car if you want some freedom to head downtown at your leisure. (Unless the have a free shuttle service)

Thanks for the reply Dave. Do you pick up from Playa Azul? If not is it walking distance to the Villa Aldora? How about he Westin? Thank you so much!

I drove by the Westin yesterday. It looks new and nice. It's pretty far north, though. It definitely requires a car if you want some freedom to head downtown at your leisure. (Unless the have a free shuttle service)

Stop wasting your money as a member and just buy your trip through orbitz or whoever for far cheaper. Timeshares and these memberships are for the birds.

I'm here now and they have ZERO rum in my once daily Pina colada. So I go to mega and score a bottle of Bacardi rum and will mix my own. What a shame. They also bug spray the rooms and I can smell it and have a rash. Another person onboard also said the drink was very very weak. Guess next time I will rent a house and dive with Aldora or an OP who doesn't only dive vanilla.

$800/night! That’s insane! We pay anywhere from $1100-1250 for 8 nights at the Occidental AI (including alcohol!) And that’s for two....

Interested in how you get that. Is that a studio or 1 bedroom? Timeshare?

I want to go there or to Allegro. Using our timeshare, if I were to go next year anytime between January and June (I didn't look beyond that) I can get a studio or 1 bedroom for anywhere between $206 - $341 a week, the first weeks of April being the more expensive time before dropping again. The AI would run either $80 or $106 a day depending on the time of year.

The cheapest week I would get would be $206 + $560 x 2 for AI = $1326 for the week. Don't even have to use any points!
The kicker is it has to be a studio unit. This is great if it's just my wife and I. The max would be $341 + $742 x 2 for AI = $1825 for the week. So somewhere between $1326 - $1825 for the week depending on the time of year.

A one bedroom requires paying AI for 4 people whether there are 2 or 4 people actually staying. If I could talk my dive buddy and wife into going and staying in the 1 bedroom (which I can't), it would be even cheaper for me as we would split the unit fee. Now that I've looked at the rates again just for this post, I could maybe talk him into two studio units, maybe for 2 consecutive weeks!!!!

Although this doesn't take into account the yearly maintenance fee that we pay, we generally use our timeshare enough that spreading that fee out over several weeks of trips still makes for a good deal.....so far.

One bedroom non timeshare. I get 5% discount being over 55...I get 10% off for repeat customer. I can book a room today for Dec 15-22 for $1100.00 AI. The following week would be twice that. Never stayed at the Allegro, but that resort next door is a bit cheaper I see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom