Presidente Intercontinental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gianster

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been staying at the Presidente since 2003 at least once or twice every year, The price goes up a little every year but never bothered us since its our favorite place to stay. I received a quote to stay this January and its $700-$800 a night for the beachfront we like to stay in. Is there anyone else out there that belongs to the club or is as frustrated as we are? This is no where near on par with the rest of the island. Are people actually paying these prices?

My wife and I have been Club members since 2005, and just returned from a stay at El Presidente. Seems like all rates have been going up with the completion of the renovations. We usually upgrade upon arrival, but found the rates had increased significantly. We are planning to go back down in February, and were going to investigate with the Club whether better rates were available when upgrading through them as opposed to waiting until arrival.

The last two times down, we stayed in Garden rooms. It's been two years since we stayed in a Beach Front room. We looked at an upgrade for this past trip, but the difference in rooms was going to be $300 a night.

We're former Club members. We used to love the place, but the prices just became too insane. Now we can't even go snorkel at their little beach and have some snacks and drinks without buying an exorbitantly expensive "day pass".

We just went ahead and bought our own house on the island and have been enjoying that much more.

When first staying in Cozumel in 1992 I was the biggest fan of the Presidente. After Hurricane Wilma the rates went crazy and seem to remain that way. For those who love the Presidente I suggest that you consider something north of town with the Hotel Playa Azul at the top of my list for a full service Hotel. The beach is just as nice, rooms are just as nice…and it is a lot closer to town at less than half the price. There are a lot of really good options in what I call "The serene near north of Cozumel"

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

$800/night! That’s insane! We pay anywhere from $1100-1250 for 8 nights at the Occidental AI (including alcohol!) And that’s for two....

Last Feb I noticed that the place was almost empty. each time we went by on the boat I counted just how few people were on the beach on both departure from the marina & on our return. The count never reached 20 people.

We've stayed there several times in recent years but always pay with points (hotel loyalty program). We love the place, the oceanfront rooms are sublime, but the prices are indeed completely crazy. (We're going to Baja this year so we don't have to worry about the El Prez for a while).

When first staying in Cozumel in 1992 I was the biggest fan of the Presidente. After Hurricane Wilma the rates went crazy and seem to remain that way. For those who love the Presidente I suggest that you consider something north of town with the Hotel Playa Azul at the top of my list for a full service Hotel. The beach is just as nice, rooms are just as nice…and it is a lot closer to town at less than half the price. There are a lot of really good options in what I call "The serene near north of Cozumel"

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Thanks for the reply Dave. Do you pick up from Playa Azul? If not is it walking distance to the Villa Aldora? How about he Westin? Thank you so much!

Yes we love the beachfront rooms as well. They have become our home away from home since 2003 for at least once or twice a year. And yes prices of course went up after Wilma but just this year they have become completely off the charts.

Dear gianster,

We do pick up at the Villa Aldora which is a reasonably short walk from the Playa Azul. We also provide free bicycles for gusts to use while staying in the near north. Given that we care for your dive gear the bikes work out fine.

I do share your love for the reef front rooms at the Presidente. Back in the day they were $300 per night and I spent many in what was then room 3111.

Back
Top Bottom