Presidente/Aldora timing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

littlechihiro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hubby and I are staying at the Presidente in late Feb/early March and I’m thinking of booking our dives with Aldora. I’ve read that they’ll pick you up at the hotel dock. For those who have done this, can you tell me what time Aldora picks up at Presidente, and what time they return? Does the hotel have any issues with an off-site op doing pickup?

We always stay at El Presidente and dive with Aldora. They pick you up anywhere from 7:45am to 8:15am, depending upon where they are picking up other divers. They will tell you the time the day prior. The pickup location is in front of the outdoor restaurant so it doesn’t get any easier.

We have our breakfast while waiting for the boat, put down our coffee and walk about 15 steps to get on the dive boat. Just pay the check ahead of time so you don’t make the boat wait for you.

The boat returns around 1pm +/- depending upon how far south everyone decides to dive. You get epically long dives on steel 100s/120s.

Aldora leaves from their main dock location in town @ 7:30am then proceed to pick up other drivers. The Presidente is about 4 miles south of town so shouldn't take long, but would depend on what other pickups they have before yours. The time of your returns could vary depending on what sites you dive, but anywhere between noon to 3:00pm is pretty typical.

Most of my marine park dives with them have seen me back in town around 1:30pm. Reach out to the front desk if you have any questions or concerns, they have always been accommodating:

Tres Pelicanos and most other Ops will pick up from El President. It is adjacent to the marina so it is not an issue.

Aldora runs on local time, so don't rush to the dock, when they say 8am, could be up to 8:30 depending on the divers before you. I stayed at Allegro and there were no issues at all. Hardest thing was to pack my gear into their mesh bag before hitting the dock at my resort, it was sometimes less than 5 minutes from getting on deck until I was at the dock. I won't be staying anywhere but south in Cozumel anymore. If I want nightlife I'll take the ferry to Playa.

We have been staying at Presidente and diving with Aldora for years and have no complaints about their schedule. The marina is right next door to Presidente so we are typically the first to be picked up and within 10-15 minutes of the time that they say. Pickup from hotels down south subject you to delays beyond the control of Aldora, such as congested piers and late divers but you have a much shorter boat ride. All about trade offs.

I just did a week with Aldora. While we didn't stop for a pickup, we were offshore of the Presidente at approximently 8:00-8:10 every morning. Downtown pier at 7:30, then Aldora Suites at about 7:45, then cut south to pick up those south of San Miguel.

Back
Top Bottom