Present and Ongoing upgrades...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I been way too busy elsewhere this last week to spend a lot of time on SB, so I missed this coming, (and now done) elimination of the controversial button.

I do wonder just how long before the Like button becomes just as controversial on this board.

Reactions: Jax
The removal of the "Thanks Button" had nothing to do with controversy - only to do with a future upgrade and facelift to our site, and the availability of a function that is supported in the new upgrade vs one that is not.

The removal of the "Thanks Button" had nothing to do with controversy - only to do with a future upgrade and facelift to our site, and the availability of a function that is supported in the new upgrade vs one that is not.

That may well be true, but the controversy over it did exist, and those who seek controversy will simply find other means to do so. :shakehead:

I wish you luck with the upgrades. SB is a great forum, and it is nice to see it grow and evolve. :cheers:

The biggest problem with the thanks button for us were the resources it consumed. We could see a change in server load by adjusting it just a tiny bit. While there was a bit of angst among a few, and they attributed the move to being merely petty in nature, our aim has always been to provide a safe and stable platform for ScubaBoard. I am sure that the current changes will be described in the same manner, and that's OK. Everyone has an opinion on ScubaBoard! :D

Hopefully, the transition will be ultra smooth and the new features to come will knock their socks off. That's our goal and we are working to deliver it.

Back
Top Bottom