Preferred Dive Ops - Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to clarify...... 99% of the time we run on our old boat "Nacho" now called "Makai" and are running that 6pax 7 days a week 3 x daily at 7am, 10:30am and 1:30pm. 6 or less always and the most accomplished and experienced Dive Masters and Instructors on Oahu. Holler!
Oh, I'm a super big asshat for multiple reasons and I forgot about this thread!!

I looked over some notes quite a bit after posting here and I didn't take good notes or log well around then, dates or anything like I often do now. But my notes were short and simple that basically I was stoked with the way you treated me as at one point and apparently that you went out of your way and that you hooked me up on the fly with another dive OP when you were booked. So I am unsure how I forgot that bit and it is possible that misrembered portions of that trip and mistakenly melded all my diving together.

I feel terrible and want to apologize for my faulty memory and also for not remembering to come back here to post an update. Once I read my note and got a slight recall of how you hooked me up at the dock, it was enough and I booked and we went diving with you and had an amazing time. This time I do remember all my dives and how great of a time that it was, and we were indeed on a small boat with a small number of divers for every dive. Everybody that I dove with had a spectacular time. You seemingly always were able to find ways to get me aboard and your pricing was amazing for the quality of the experience.

Gabe, I want to now say - you offer an outstanding service have a great crew, are insanely helpful and you and easy to deal with. No- you do not have your own boat and I see now that it doesn't matter. I now feel that the way that you run things is way better than many others out there and I appreciate how on top of things and safe you and your crew are to dive with. We dove many dives with you and your crew this time around and now your OP absolutely does stand out for many reasons in my mind, and I will not forget this time around but have taken great notes just incase.

Gabe, I want to now say - you offer an outstanding service have a great crew, are insanely helpful and you and easy to deal with. No- you do not have your own boat and I see now that it doesn't matter. I now feel that the way that you run things is way better than many others out there and I appreciate how on top of things and safe you and your crew are to dive with. We dove many dives with you and your crew this time around and now your OP absolutely does stand out for many reasons in my mind, and I will not forget this time around but have taken great notes just incase.
I'll second this. Gabe is our go-to guy when we are heading to Oahu. His operations has always been a fun and safe experience for us with small groups and incredible divemasters/guides. I haven't noticed any change in quality since he sold his boat and started diversifying across multiple boats.

The dive ops in Oahu have always been intensely competitive. I dived with a great op in the early 2000s, AAA. Many of the current operators probably remember this. I only hope current operators have such great service.

Mahalo for the follow ups guys! Stoked to take anyone diving any day of the week. So blessed to be able to share my passion for our waters with guests from around the world for 16 years now. SHEESH!
Hey Gabe,
my buddy and I are signed up with you next month (Dec 25th and 26th) for 10:30. Around when do those dives get back to shore? My wife and kids are going to bop around the city and pick me up afterwards so just wanted to give them a very rough idea of when to be looking for my text :)

thanks!

Hey Bruce! We have you booked on the 26th and 27th (Sorry mate, closed on Xmas) and our 10:30 boat is generally back in no later than 1:30pm. See ya soon!
Haha, you're right, just a typo on my part. We actually made sure to plan our trip so that we don't contribute to anyone having to work on Christmas. :)

Appreciate the reply! I'm really looking forward to getting in the water, it's starting to get cold here in Texas.

Thank you for the input on Aaron's 6 divers or so sounds just about right and it will also be nice to dive in a different area.
So who did you choose.... How was Aaron's? Thanks.

So who did you choose.... How was Aaron's? Thanks.
Must have missed my post above:) I went with Gabe, and it was great. The trips were always a small boat with a couple of people, and I think his other DM's were awesome and often went above and beyond. I will be diving with his outfit again next year.

Reactions: CCS
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom