Pref. Fins: Jet VS Power VS Turtle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do agree that fit is the most important thing
However I can only get Jet funs loacally

So if the Jets fit you well, get them

Since I dive wet I prefer Dive-rites to my jets. They are lighter and allow me to trim out better. They are longer and more flexible but I dont find that to be a problem. Its likely in time you will end up with more than one pair like most of us.

I prefer the Power Fins to the Jet Fins because they're a little "slipperier" and have a higher instep. I think the Jets may produce more power, but I'm not a power swimmer any more.

Performance? No.

Weight? No. [They are both heavy.]

Size? Look up pictures. They aren't exactly the same shape.

I don't particularly think it really matters as long as you get one that fits well.

Do you see any huge difference in performance or weight between the two?
Are the turtle fins any longer, wider or shorter than the jet fins?

I vote for the Hollis F1
Reasons are comfort and thrust.
I did a couple of dives with jets and than moved to the F1 the difference in comfort was significant.

FWIW, I have the Turtles, and they are pretty heavy. My buddy has the Jets (which I've never used), and despite me being in significantly better shape, he out-swims me all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Turtles, but given the right opportunity, and if they fit well, I would get the Jets.

I find the same thing with OMS Slipstreams and Jets. I pull away with the OMS because they are stiffer than the Jets. I wouldn't look at the diverite fins as they are too flexible, my friend had them and purchased the Jets. I've had a look at the Hollis fins and would still purchase the Jets or OMS product over them, don't let the free heel springs tempt you.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom