Predive accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maybe the boats should have seatbelts

Let's get some pics of this....
I even consider wearing a head helmet next time I go boat diving.

Vayu:
Rule of thumb. If its not safe on the BOAT. Its not safe in the water.

Glad you are ok!

Yeah, I'm wondering if this might not be a true statement. Trying to remember my roughest ride to a dive. There have been a few actually though we were always on our way to calmer seas, leeward sides, etc.

So the dive was cancelled as they got you to the doc. Bad day. Glad you're OK.

Sea you!

Vayu:
Rule of thumb. If its not safe on the BOAT. Its not safe in the water.

Glad you are ok!

Not necessarily, might just be bad driving. Some captains think driving a boat is just a case of pointing it in the direction you want to go and opening the throttle. :shakehead

Sometimes it not bad driving ... just the seas.... you have to hold on or sit down... I've been on that boat a few times and the crew is top notch.

Like Ben said, keep one hand for the boat at all times and you won't go far wrong - especially when fully kitted up and shuffling toward the entry.

I'm glad you're recovering.

Eluzgin was sitting down... so that must have been a pretty good wave

Sunday we tried getting around to the Carmel side and we got pounded also... sometimes even sitting down is difficult since there isn't much to hold onto besides the seat bottom or a bungied tank....

BTW did you swim in? How close to the boat ramp did they get it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom