Pre-order now goodman style handle for Scuba Flashlights! Designed on scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update - The design is still moving along. Hope to start the production pieces by the end of the week.

Any new pictures? Can't wait to try this out with the DRIS 1k when it gets here.

Any new pictures?

Been meaning to ask that myself. I had hoped to be able take this for a test run before the ice settled in but it is not looking too promising now. My fingers are still crossed.

Hi everyone. I kicked off the production last night. In a couple of days I will get the ETA for the finish of production.

Here are the updated parts for the handle. They will be anodized black. Now it is 1" wide all the way around. The holes are enlarged so it will be easier to tie onto a bolt snap and the edge finish is improved. They couldn't improve the bend radius without a tooling charge so I kept is as is.

2012-12-19 14.53.35 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
All sizes | 2012-12-19 14.08.41 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
2012-12-19 14.08.31 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Can someone tell me the width of a gopro? I think if you take the flashlight clamp off then you would be able to mount a gopro onto the handle.

What was the justification/reasoning for up-sizing the holes? :shakehead:

What was the justification/reasoning for up-sizing the holes? :shakehead:

One of the dangers of buying before design is done.....in the end you may not get what you committed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.......figure it out

its still "good". And its the only one out there like this that I am aware of. For the cost, it will suffice, and will be useful.

I made the holes bigger because there was more space. It doesn't hurt the strength of the metal and it will allow you to get a few more loops of line through them if you are cave tying a bolt-snap on. The reason for making the handle the same width all the way around is that it will give you a little more to grab onto and be a little more stable with the weight of the DRIS1000 on top.

---------- Post added December 20th, 2012 at 11:25 AM ----------

The photos make everything look bigger than it really is. The holes are only 14mm diameter. Which is just slightly over 1/2"

I made the holes bigger because there was more space. It doesn't hurt the strength of the metal and it will allow you to get a few more loops of line through them if you are cave tying a bolt-snap on. The reason for making the handle the same width all the way around is that it will give you a little more to grab onto and be a little more stable with the weight of the DRIS1000 on top.

---------- Post added December 20th, 2012 at 11:25 AM ----------

The photos make everything look bigger than it really is. The holes are only 14mm diameter. Which is just slightly over 1/2"

Thanks for explanation. I'm still very pleased with the design. I originally ordered one for by Dorcy lights but just ordered a DRIS 1000 lumens (not shorty since I wanted a better runtime).

With this handle, does the light still seem stable even with the weight of the DRIS light? I realize that's the only downside of these lights, their length.

Back
Top Bottom