Pre-order now goodman style handle for Scuba Flashlights! Designed on scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I said, its not the end of the world (but I liked the prior design). I don't like riding the light tight to the top of my hand, and my thought was to use bungie through the bottom holes (knot as a stopper) to make a "seatbelt" for my hand to sit snug to the frame. With the bigger holes, I'll just have to incorporate a washer to prevent pull through....

I still think the prior concept was the better one.

Thanks for explanation. I'm still very pleased with the design. I originally ordered one for by Dorcy lights but just ordered a DRIS 1000 lumens (not shorty since I wanted a better runtime).

With this handle, does the light still seem stable even with the weight of the DRIS light? I realize that's the only downside of these lights, their length.

The light is long and heavy so finding the balance point is important. I have mine clamped on at the first knurled ring behind the light head. With my dry gloves it holds very well. I will be diving Saturday with it and will have some actual underwater use. I also have the QCP ring system that has very large lock rings on my suit and the light doesn't seem to interfere with them.

Either way, original or new, I am just looking forward to finally getting mine. As stated earlier, I just hope it is before ice forms.

What happened to the black?

Nevermind... Thanks ScubaSteve.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I kicked off the production last night. In a couple of days I will get the ETA for the finish of production.

Here are the updated parts for the handle. They will be anodized black. Now it is 1" wide all the way around. The holes are enlarged so it will be easier to tie onto a bolt snap and the edge finish is improved. They couldn't improve the bend radius without a tooling charge so I kept is as is.

2012-12-19 14.53.35 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
All sizes | 2012-12-19 14.08.41 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
2012-12-19 14.08.31 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Can someone tell me the width of a gopro? I think if you take the flashlight clamp off then you would be able to mount a gopro onto the handle.

Keith.M,

There ya go

BUMP.......any updates on timing? When will shipments be made?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom