Pre 2008 Titan good enough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luis, does the dry environmental seal kit still being sold in the market? where can i buy it? thanks!

I bought a couple of dry environmental kits from an Aqua Lung dealer about a month ago. But the DIN adapter kits didn’t seem to be available at the time.

The normally serviceable (replaceable) parts will be available for as long as Aqua Lung (and others) are in business. I am bit concern that the traditional Titan will be 10 years out of production next year (2018) and Aqua Lung may stop supporting some of the specialty upgrade type of parts.

There will always be some available used Conshelf, but DIN fitting conversions and dry environmental seals may become an issue in the future.

I don’t use DIN connections much anymore (and I have a few fittings) and I probably have enough stockpile of environmentally sealed first stages that I am probably all set.

For those who are thinking about upgrading to a dry environmentally sealed Conshelf I would recommend not waiting too long. Hopefully I am wrong and the dry chambers will be around for a long time.

Any aqualung dealer should be able to get it, it's used on Conshelfs/Supras/Cousteaus and Titans.

Part number 1005-24

I can get the parts but my cost is around $55. PM me if you need help.

I bought a couple of dry environmental kits from an Aqua Lung dealer about a month ago. But the DIN adapter kits didn’t seem to be available at the time.

The normally serviceable (replaceable) parts will be available for as long as Aqua Lung (and others) are in business. I am bit concern that the traditional Titan will be 10 years out of production next year (2018) and Aqua Lung may stop supporting some of the specialty upgrade type of parts.

There will always be some available used Conshelf, but DIN fitting conversions and dry environmental seals may become an issue in the future.

I don’t use DIN connections much anymore (and I have a few fittings) and I probably have enough stockpile of environmentally sealed first stages that I am probably all set.

For those who are thinking about upgrading to a dry environmentally sealed Conshelf I would recommend not waiting too long. Hopefully I am wrong and the dry chambers will be around for a long time.

i am surprised the din kit available for order as well, before this almost tempted to pay a heavy bid price in ebay.

@buddhasummer, thanks mate, just want to know where i can get it for future reference just in case if i decided not to use mk10 anymore lol

Yes Luis, I believe you are correct hence my supplier only being able to get parts and not complete full kits. The latest conversion I ordered is on back order as he's waiting for transmitters to come in. I fear too they are going the way of the dinosaurs. FTR my supplier is an AL dealer. I'll stock up while I can. Cheers.

Transmitters don't go bad do they? Just trying to figure out what I should try and stock up on.

What would you recommend Luis? Cheers.

Last edited:
The springs comes with the kit, so I just replaced it and never actually paid attention to see if there was any difference. I just look at the diagram and the part number for the spring is the same as in the Titan, but not the same as the Conshelf.

When I have a chance I will see how much of a difference there is between the two springs .

In the 50+ years of production, I am going to bet that Conshelf springs are not all exactly the same either. They may be interchangeable, but mostly because there a very large adjustability range in the design.

Here are some diagrams for comparison.

View attachment 439880

View attachment 439881

I have new production stock Conshelf and Titan springs, I'll compare and post back my findings. I too noticed the different part numbers.

I have new production stock Conshelf and Titan springs, I'll compare and post back my findings. I too noticed the different part numbers.
i think it is the coating of the wire of the spring who is different from the previous ones

Back
Top Bottom