Pre 2008 Titan good enough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@buddhasummer, seriously where can i get a set of those? You can pm me.

It took me almost a year to find two red diaphragms. I'm OCD. I'm always buying and selling to further fund my habit. if I decide to sell I'll PM you first. Would you like the set complete with hoses and SPG or just the seconds?

It took me almost a year to find two red diaphragms. I'm OCD. I'm always buying and selling to further fund my habit. if I decide to sell I'll PM you first. Would you like the set complete with hoses and SPG or just the seconds?
I just need second stages and I am not as picky as you are when it comes to the color of the diaphrams. I am thinking of getting rid of my legend and atomic b2 and using the conshelf 21 first stage with some sweet looking chrome 2nds. It does not have to be those exact 2nds but something that is similar in looks.

I just need second stages and I am not as picky as you are when it comes to the color of the diaphrams. I am thinking of getting rid of my legend and atomic b2 and using the conshelf 21 first stage with some sweet looking chrome 2nds. It does not have to be those exact 2nds but something that is similar in looks.

I'm always picking them up, I'll keep you in mind when I next do so.

I wanted red diaphragms as they nicely match the red stripe on the Titan. Like I said, I'm OCD.

I'm always picking them up, I'll keep you in mind when I next do so.
That would be great. I would offer to trade you a couple of g250’s but I am sure you are not interested since one has a blue “s” and the other has a pink “s”

The kit comes with all the needed parts including a new spring, adjustment screw, and HP diaphragm.

I should point out that the IP follows the actual ambient pressure with this dry environmental chamber. I have tested it using a wet IP gauge and this is not an overbalanced (actually over pressure compensated) chamber.

Luis, does the dry environmental seal kit still being sold in the market? where can i buy it? thanks!

Luis, does the dry environmental seal kit still being sold in the market? where can i buy it? thanks!

Any aqualung dealer should be able to get it, it's used on Conshelfs/Supras/Cousteaus and Titans.

Part number 1005-24

I can get the parts but my cost is around $55. PM me if you need help.

Re the kits, my supplier only sells the pieces, not an actual kit, for use with Titan so no adjustment screw or spring as they are not needed. On a Conshelf I knew I needed adjuster screw but was unaware I'd need a spring too.

The springs comes with the kit, so I just replaced it and never actually paid attention to see if there was any difference. I just look at the diagram and the part number for the spring is the same as in the Titan, but not the same as the Conshelf.

When I have a chance I will see how much of a difference there is between the two springs .

In the 50+ years of production, I am going to bet that Conshelf springs are not all exactly the same either. They may be interchangeable, but mostly because there a very large adjustability range in the design.

Here are some diagrams for comparison.

Conshelf page Aqua-Lung-Spare-parts-2014.jpg

Titan from Aqua-Lung-Spare-parts-2014-2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom