Prayer is useless?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim:
Only one way to enter Paradise? What if that's wrong and there are as many roads as the people that walk them?

Then what I believe won't matter will it, because we'll all be there but if there is only one way are you willing to continue to hope there are multiple paths? Seems a bit foolish to me.

Green_Manelishi:
Seems a bit foolish to me.
No more foolish than creating such diversity and then insisting that it must become the same. Life has much more than one facet - although in the end it must stem from the same place. To me it's not about whether someone else tries to tell me which path I should walk - it's about having the strength and will to follow the one I'm on.
I think that you are right though - it doesn't matter. No-one is going to get lost. That's just a fairy story that some use to frighten small children. Enough faith for you?

Wow, some of you people are WHACKED, er I mean, "resolute in your beliefs."

Certainly, as green opined, all religions certainly cannot be "right." But can't all religions be wrong?

Back to the topic at hand. When somebody has a horrific accident, do the paramedics take them to the hospital or to the church?

Believe what you will, but let me believe what I will, without knocking on my door trying to convice me that "your" way is better.

NWGratefulDiver:
Wouldn't it be funny ... I mean REALLY FUNNY ... to someday find out that homosexuality is God's way of telling us that we've put too damn many people on this planet.

Yes, I do believe that God has a sense of humor ... I'm not sure about most of humanity, though ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I personally have no problem with same sex marriage. I believe gays have as much right to be miserable and nagged as straight people. I wish my second wife would have been gay and in a same sex marriage so I never would have met her and saved myself alot of grief and money. Just wait till they find out what marriage really is. Watch what you ask for you just may get it and more that you didn't count on besides. I'll bet the divorce lawyers are foaming at the mouth and chomping at the bit. More business for them!

Green_Manelishi:
What "did not work"?

a system of belief wherein a supernatural God created the world and has an afterlife
waiting for us.

there are some harsh realities in the universe. one of them is that biological
things die and rot.

that is the truth. best to accept it.

not to hide it with pretty fineries of never-never lands.

the truth is out there :wink:

Mike Veitch:
I thought there was no religion talk on SB?

nope, religious discussions are fine as long as no personal attacks are made,
etc. etc.

the only outright banned subjects are politics, race/nationalities, and sexuality, which through past experience created more disharmony than they were worth
(for some reason, people seem to discuss religion with a lot more
civility).

check out the TOS for the full deal:

http://www.scubaboard.com/faq.php?faq=tos_items#faq_scubaboard_tos

H2Andy:
there are some harsh realities in the universe. one of them is that biological things die and rot.
Spoilsport!
I think what most people wonder is what happens to the energy that makes biological things work?(Can you say 'soul'?) Now if we look at that from a scientific point of view then we find the claim (was it Einstein?) who stated:
"Energy cannot be created and cannot be destroyed"

We're from the stars people, we're from the stars! :D

Kim:
We're from the stars people, we're from the stars! :D

no doubt!

i'm just saying that this "entity" known as "Andy" isn't going to be around
much longer.

so let me drink lots of beer in the meantime :wink:

JimLap:
I personally have no problem with same sex marriage. I believe gays have as much right to be miserable and nagged as straight people. I wish my second wife would have been gay and in a same sex marriage so I never would have met her and saved myself alot of grief and money. Just wait till they find out what marriage really is. Watch what you ask for you just may get it and more that you didn't count on besides. I'll bet the divorce lawyers are foaming at the mouth and chomping at the bit. More business for them!

At first when i read this , I thought you wrote....I have no problem with no sex in marriage.....lol

I did a double take and thought ..wheeewwwww.....so glad that is not the case for men. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom