Prayer is useless?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGSAGE136:
Pictures consists of pixals. Many physicist would argue that a molecule is an entire universe.

Imagine how many universes are under your physical control right now!:D

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/
That kinda reminds me of something that my Dad used to say:

"How do we know that our world isn't simply a molecule that is part of a hair sitting on the butt of a very large donkey?"

Hemlon:
Did you say Koolaid....or Jesus Juice?

Any speculation as to why Jackson told kids that wine was "Jesus Juice"?

All I know is my "faith" has taught me to check out anyone who offers me Koolaid...lol

hmmmm..to get them tipsy and to know they were all just going to nap together? :wink:

H2Andy:
sadly, i was...

i say "sadly" because i really believed in God ... to slowly discover it didn't quite
work, wasn't quite what it was supposed to be, was not easy

What "did not work"?

Lisa0825:
but I am not afraid of any judgement being passed on me.

Of course you are not. You think of yourself as a good person so God (if there is one) will accept you.

Regretably it's not that simple.

As I wrote in an earlier post, we can't all be right. Someone is wrong. Personally I'll err on the side of caution.

Green_Manelishi:
Personally I'll err on the side of caution.
It doesn't sound very cautious to me to put all your eggs in one basket to the exclusion of all others. Maybe we understand cautious in different ways!

Kim:
It doesn't sound very cautious to me to put all your eggs in one basket to the exclusion of all others. Maybe we understand cautious in different ways!

Well .... I can chose to believe in no God and if there is one I am skar-rewed.

Or I can believe in a god that reqiures good works, or lots of turns of my karma, to enter paradise but if I don't know how many that god requires then I never really know if I am going to heaven, do I?

Or I can believe in a God that clearly states it's about trusting Him to do what I cannot do for myself. That's the choice I made.

Like I said, we cannot all be right nor can all "religions" be right. Somone is wrong and there can be only one way to enter paradise. I'll go with the God who loves me enough to die for me.

Green_Manelishi:
Somone is wrong and there can be only one way to enter paradise. I'll go with the God who loves me enough to die for me.
Only one way to enter Paradise? What if that's wrong and there are as many roads as the people that walk them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom