Prayer is useless?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

God is a concept,
By which we can measure,
Our pain

I don't believe in magic,
I don't believe in I-ching,
I don't believe in bible,
I don't believe in tarot,
I don't believe in Hitler,
I don't believe in Jesus,
I don't believe in Kennedy,
I don't believe in Buddha,
I don't believe in mantra,
I don't believe in Gita,
I don't believe in yoga,
I don't believe in kings,
I don't believe in Elvis,
I don't believe in Zimmerman,
I don't believe in Beatles

I just believe in me,
Yoko and me,
And that's reality.

The dream is over,
What can I say?
The dream is over,
Yesterday

I personally don't think it matters if I believe or if anyone else does or what we believe in. I think the reason so many religions have developed is mostly because people need to understand creation in the way that best communicates to them. I do not believe in a God that judges and condemns people to a fiery hell. I believe in a God that accepts us all regardless of which faith or lack of faith. Therefore, sure I'll find out the truth when I die, but I am not afraid of any judgement being passed on me.

I really cant believe you came at me with that...lolol. Ofcourse I can't honestly say there is no god......I have no idea...I have come to this conclusion on my own and what I believe in is what makes me comfortable. My interpretation of the world, until otherwise disproven, will remain solid.

With that point made, you then would have to say that you cant be certain that god does exist. To do so would be ignorant, yet we have Joel Osteen or something like that packing some church in Texas that use to be a sports stadium...he's preaching to tens of thousands of people about god and jesus and telling people how to live their life because if they dont they will go to H E double hockey sticks.

The whole same sex marriage thing...ohh boy...lolol, I bet you a lot of Christians are mad about that...then you got the contradictory ones...the ones who apply it sometimes when it works for them and sometimes not if it doesnt. You have those who sin on Fri and Sat and on Sun are forgiven.....and that makes it all better.

There are soo many issues with the whole system. I've always wondered what life would be like without religion...than I think man, this world would be croweded as all get up because religion is responsible for many many deaths over the years.

So maybe its like a population management mechanism...hmmm.

H2Andy:
God is a concept,
By which we can measure,
Our pain

I don't believe in magic,
I don't believe in I-ching,
I don't believe in bible,
I don't believe in tarot,
I don't believe in Hitler,
I don't believe in Jesus,
I don't believe in Kennedy,
I don't believe in Buddha,
I don't believe in mantra,
I don't believe in Gita,
I don't believe in yoga,
I don't believe in kings,
I don't believe in Elvis,
I don't believe in Zimmerman,
I don't believe in Beatles

I just believe in me,
Yoko and me,
And that's reality.

The dream is over,
What can I say?
The dream is over,
Yesterday

I am convinced John Lennon wished it was over.

there are worse things than hell...

there is the possibility of spending eternity with some Christians i know

:wink:

jepuskar:
The whole same sex marriage thing...ohh boy...lolol, I bet you a lot of Christians are mad about that...
Wouldn't it be funny ... I mean REALLY FUNNY ... to someday find out that homosexuality is God's way of telling us that we've put too damn many people on this planet.

Yes, I do believe that God has a sense of humor ... I'm not sure about most of humanity, though ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Don't you just love people who 'know' the 'unknowable'! Keep an open mind - one day you might find it's a door you need to go through.

Green stated: "No, He did not have to "come from" somewhere. He only needed to be. "

In my world, everything is created from something. To just be, again in my opinion, is not acceptable. Let's say your dating a girl and she becomes pregnant....we have some scenarios here to explain:

1) Your the father
2) Your best friend is the father
3) Someone else is the father

It just didnt happen. To say it just happen just doesnt fly....we are more advanced now to not accept that as a reasonable explanation of a pregnancy.

Everything is created, they dont just become.

jepuskar:
With that point made, you then would have to say that you cant be certain that god does exist. To do so would be ignorant, .

Actually, proving a positive is not at all the same thing. You cannot prove there is no gold in China, all I need is one small piece to prove there is.

You cannot prove that God does not exist, there are thousands of proofs that He does.

Although I strongly defend your right to reject them.

The other point you made? We're just waiting for judgment to fall. Read some history. Every society that has accepted certain activities has not had much time left. America will be no different.

And to get on topic. I pray about this!

Green_Manelishi:
Yes, treating people well is the "right thing to do" but why? Whose standards? Society? If there is no moral absolute their is no standard against which to judge right and wrong.

What moral absolute, the ten commandments? History is filled with very religious people doing horrible things to other people in the name of all that's holy. "Thou shalt not kill" is all good and fine till people take it upon themselves to interpret how they can apply that and who they can apply it to and people always seem to want loopholes so they can kill people they see as lesser beings without the messy guilt.
The point being is that at the end of the day it is still up to us to decide what is the right thing to do. It seems to me that too many people don't do these things because they are scared of going to hell, not because of any internal sense that it is wrong and that's not good.

If, as you believe, there is no God then all I believe is irrelevant and all I did and am will amount to nothing. If, as I believe, there is a God then many are in trouble at the end of the test.

this is well and true except when it comes to people trying to make policy's and laws based on what they think will happen at the end. I would never deny anyone their beliefs but I don't want anyone affecting my life because they want to be sure at the end. Besides it's not always about God, Lot's of people don't have a problem believing in a higher power it's the various religions and interpretations that they are sceptical about

Good Day

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom