Pray for SoCal - the place is burning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Arrowhead area has lost over 70 homes - today!
I hope the wind dies down soon.

Thanks for the vote of encouragement nereas ...btw with 40m/hr winds fire trucks, fire battalions , fire breaks etc ...are useless, burning embers travel miles beyond the fire line, only thing that has even a remote chance of helping are air tankers when they can fly. Cross winds right now are gusting to 80 m/hr so tankers are dropping mist at this point. Unless you have ever experienced a fire storm ...prayer is all you get ...The fire line/front in SD Cty is a little over 100 miles long...

They have one going on the north end of San Bernardino too.

Hemlon- most of LA is OK for now- the fires are mostly north of there, Santa Clarita area.

Thanks for the vote of encouragement nereas ...btw with 40m/hr winds fire trucks, fire battalions , fire breaks etc ...are useless, burning embers travel miles beyond the fire line, only thing that has even a remote chance of helping are air tankers when they can fly. Cross winds right now are gusting to 80 m/hr so tankers are dropping mist at this point. Unless you have ever experienced a fire storm ...prayer is all you get ...The fire line/front in SD Cty is a little over 100 miles long...

I spent one summer as a FCL (Fire Control Laborer) for LACO Fire. Believe me when I tell you, if the wind is blowing, the only hope is prayer and a fleet of D9 and D10 bulldozers. If they can’t get in, then the helicopters and fixed wing aircraft can help steer the fire. No matter what, until the wind stops, there will be fires.

I could just teil this was coming on Friday...my sinuses were primed. I can't explain the sensation, but it's a combination of dropping humidity, rising temperature, and barometric pressure. Right here, there hasn't been much wind. I wonder what happed to those horses on the news yesterday. I went over to the pier in Hermosa Beach yesterday and could see smoke from the Malibu fire.

We are near the beach, but the sunlight was definitely filtered today. My neighbor's car, parked outside overnight, looks really dirty.

Sat image of all the smoke- (big)

California.A2007295.2100.1km.jpg

Winds supposed to stay bad till tomorrow and even hotter. Wind supposed to die down tomorrow evening and cool down toward the weekend. Over 500 homes lost in one of the San Diego fires.

this is making big news down here also....... the footage of the high winds and flames is horrifying

good luck to everyone fighting it and surviving it

sending postive thoughts

Thanks Almity!

Winds are pretty bad, 40 MPH gusting to 65 MPH at the airport about 3/4 mile from me.

Two trees down on my block and branches everywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom