PRAM finished!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...gotta love 'new' TOYZ ! Will you just tool around in the lake/quarry with it or really use it in the open ocean, at depth, on a dive trip as a primary reg?

What kind of a question is that? What else would you use this great regulator for?

IMG_2275.jpg

...gotta love 'new' TOYZ ! Will you just tool around in the lake/quarry with it or really use it in the open ocean, at depth, on a dive trip as a primary reg?

I've used it on a flower gardens trip and for local diving. You should try a doublehose sometime, if you have not. It's very different than single hose regs, some things I really like better and some things not as much, but it's certainly as reliable, probably more reliable, than single hose regs.

Don't forget, just a few decades ago all extreme dives were done with doublehose regs, many with single stage.

MY Phoenix had been to 130 ft on the Speigal Grove once, on the deck of it several times, 100ft on Theo's Wreck in the Bahamas and to 100 ft in Bonaire on several occasions, including a few weeks ago. No reason not to dive it to any depth you like.

.....interesting, I've never actually seen anyone use one of the double hoses 'in public', so it would be neat to see someone using it at the Flower Gardens, or whereever. I'm kinda used to Seacure mouthpieces though, and I've seen the vintage mouthpieces and I don't think I'd be super happy using those, too bad someone hasn't 'modernized' at least that aspect of it.

Why? If we wanted a modern double hose regulator someone would have made one. Wait, didn't Aqualung try a modern Mistral? Woops, maybe an original was better, much better.

My PRAM is my primary go to regulator for most all diving. On occasion when I feel like a nut I use a Titan LX Hog rigged (or not) or if I feel Trekkie then my Tekna T2100 or maybe if wanting to boogy down an AMF Voit MR12II or if wanting to break out with a beauty my new R109 (which leaks :() or-----my Voit Navy or my Voit 50 Fathom or my square label RAM or-------.

In the Bahamas:

ChisVintageDiverPics2009014.jpg

N

Last edited:
Sometimes just laying a handkerchief or tissue over the flash can help in a pinch.

Scubafanatic, you might be surprised. The hoses and mouthiece are light and don't pull on the mouth as much as some single hose regulators do. If you have to have that mouthpiece, you could rig a hose system with the Hope-Page mouthpiece and put any mouthpiece on a double hose regulator you want.

Oh, and here's another who dives double hose "in public". In fact, ever since I first tried a double hose regulator it is all I ever dive now.

The double hose mouthpieces float in your mouth instead of tugging and wrenching like a single hose which is why you have to have a special "Seacure" mouthpiece on your single hose. The mouthpieces most of us are using are either NOS neoprene or brand new wonderfully soft silicone.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom