Practicing CESA & ditch and don?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What an interesting situational thread...wholly cows...

Two cutting tools.

One is a 3 inch Steak knife with a 1 inch blade. YES a steak knife, seratted. Never needs sharpening. On my waiste belt jst left of the buckle

The second is a Z knife. In a pocket or on my wrist attached to my computer

Another I am LOOKING for a Tekna knife..anyone?

the rig that you dive,

what specifically are you referring to?

I don't practice CESA's. I have done two, and they are very easy for 80 ft+-.

I do practice getting in and out of my gear in the water because situations call for it diving off of little boats.

We doffed and donned at the bottom of the pool in my NAUI OW. I should maybe try that again sometime. I carry one little sharp knife on my waist harness. What isa suggested depth for donning in the ocean?

let's see--freedive down, find air,turn it on, put in reg. Now find mask, put it on. Sit on your kness and gear up. after weight belt put on. That's what we did.

catherine96821:
I don't practice CESA's. I have done two, and they are very easy for 80 ft+-.
If you can free dive down to it and get back up a CESA is a snap.

catherine96821:
I do practice getting in and out of my gear in the water because situations call for it diving off of little boats.
Midwater and surface practice is likely more applicable to your waters.

catherine96821:
We doffed and donned at the bottom of the pool in my NAUI OW. I should maybe try that again sometime. I carry one little sharp knife on my waist harness. What isa suggested depth for donning in the ocean?
Since you don’t wear a “real” suit there our exercise is not applicable, though I have demonstrated it by putting on a twenty eight lb belt, inflating an ABLJ to be neutral and then doing it.
catherine96821:
let's see--freedive down, find air, turn it on, put in reg. Now find mask, put it on. Sit on your kness and gear up. after weight belt put on. That's what we did.
With style and grace, never loosing hold of any piece of gear:
  1. Start out in full gear, which means 7 mm suit and 3 finger gloves but no hood.
  2. On the bottom remove your tank.
  3. Remove your mask put it on your shoulder strap or waist strap.
  4. Signal OK to your buddy.
  5. Turn off your air.
  6. Roll out of your weight-belt so that it is neatly stretched across your tank.
  7. Perform a flared buoyant ascent (buddy along side).
  8. Surface dive down against the buoyancy of your suit.
  9. Roll into your belt and buckle it.
  10. Get your regulator, take a breath and turn it on.
  11. Secure the tank with your knees, remove your mask, don it and clear it.
  12. Don the tank, fasten all straps and such.

wow-
isee alot of you have paramedics shears... where do you get them (specifically) and how/where do you mount them? (i have small knife on belt and would like backup cutting tool)
thanks!

H2Andy:
i carry a knife and EMT shears on every dive
You guys do, but I was more hoping for some other people adding some comments...

Hardware outlet
Medical supply/Pharmacy
Dive shop or Dive acessoiries outlet AKA Scuba toys etc...

Put in pocket.
Attach to a belt? or Harness?

Depends on you RIG.

jon m:
wow-
isee alot of you have paramedics shears... where do you get them (specifically) and how/where do you mount them? (i have small knife on belt and would like backup cutting tool)
thanks!

H2Andy:
i got my shears online. there's a variety of options:

http://www.chinookmed.com/detail.php?product_id=000156&limit_start=0

i carry them on my hip pocket (dry suit) or a small pocket i attach to my harness (wetsuit). you could also carry them in a sheath attached to your belt.

(Minor Hijack)
H2Andy,
Do you think the shears you have would cut stainless fishing leader or wire line? I'm in the market for some and was wondering how effective they would be.

Meng_Tze:
You guys do, but I was more hoping for some other people adding some comments...

well, fine

:mooner:

akbpilot:
(Minor Hijack)
H2Andy,
Do you think the shears you have would cut stainless fishing leader or wire line? I'm in the market for some and was wondering how effective they would be.

wire line for sure ... i have never tried the thicker leaders

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom