PPD's obscene post count

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov:
depends on the context.

like i expounded ... double meanings.. in this cse multiple meanings.... depends on how it is used.....

ask the guys.....

:shakehead

Well in the case of poster #42 it obviously meant a dry martini so I'm not sure what the problem is. Of course....maybe poster #36 was suggesting something else.

Kim:
Would that give him more sip sip?

tsk tsk tsk ... now this has no meaning at all.

it's like saying

"would that give him more (any verb would do) "

when the term sip sip is an adjective.

guys, don't you think it would be an advantage to give Kim a bit of sip sip? He might stop deleting our brokeback threads :D

thepurplehammerhead:
guys, don't you think it would be an advantage to give Kim a bit of sip sip? He might stop deleting our brokeback threads :D
Beware of the Pasaway AteBear...

thepurplehammerhead:

BRAVO ! :35: correct usage !

in this instance "guys, don't you think it would be an advantage to give Kim a bit of sip sip?" the term used is to mean as what it was earlier posted...

to get into good favor from ..

paolov:
BRAVO ! :35: correct usage !

That's very odd. You can't be speaking English. You just told me that sip-sip was an adjective but now claim that it's used correctly as a noun. Very odd.....and wrong!

Kim:
That's very odd. You can't be speaking English. You just told me that sip-sip was an adjective but now claim that it's used correctly as a noun. Very odd.....and wrong!

exactly... double meanings and n\multiple meanings depends on the context of use

paolov:
to get into good favor from ..
and THAT is basically a verb!

Kim:
and THAT is basically a verb!

colloquial pinoy 101

sip sip ka = you are a traitor (noun)

pasip sip = let me take a sip (verb)

isa kang sip sip = you are a kiss azz (adjective in the form that it is a description of the character)

kulang ka ng sip sip = you lack ***** (sorry i can't print it, TOS violation, sexual connotation)

from post #15
paolov:
AHH ....

the usefulness of information is not just based on the text read.

it is the assimilation of the cultural nuances that would give insight to the experience a visitor may expect. as he would not be too cultured shock if say he read here in PPD that jokes are very much utilised in words having double meaning.

i
Anthropologically speaking PPD is an overview of Manila culture. So the headaches we cause the MODs are in fact lessons in Philippine culture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom