PPD's obscene post count

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DON'T WASTE THE CHICKEN!!!

Green Curry Chicken

Source: Midwest Living

Makes 4 servings
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
Ingredients
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 to 3 tablespoons green curry paste
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
2 cups peeled, if you like, and cubed Thai, Japanese or regular eggplant
1 8-ounce can bamboo shoots, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup fresh Thai basil or regular basil leaves, snipped or shredded if large
1 to 2 fresh red jalapeno or serrano peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips*
Hot cooked jasmine, basmati or long grain rice

Directions
1. Cut chicken into bite-size strips; set aside.
2. Pour oil into a wok or very large skillet. Heat over medium heat. Add curry paste; reduce heat to low and cook and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the chicken to the skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the fish sauce, sugar and salt.
3. Gradually add coconut milk, stirring until the mixture is well combined. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
4. Add eggplant and bamboo shoots; cover and cook about 8 minutes more or until eggplant is tender. Remove from heat. Transfer mixture to a serving dish. Sprinkle with basil and garnish with peppers. Serve in shallow bowls with hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.
*Handling hot peppers: Because hot chili peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with chiles as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands and fingernails well with soap and water when you are done.

Nutrition facts per serving:
calories: 367
total fat: 24g
saturated fat: 17g
cholesterol: 66mg
sodium: 1143mg
carbohydrate: 9g
fiber: 2g
protein: 30g
vitamin C: 6%
calcium: 3%
iron: 12%

is the killing of a chicken in self defense murder? Did he eat it?

Why does every PPD (and even some that are not) thread end up with chickens? Not that I have problems w/ chickens.

dlndavid, your use of self-defense and murder in the sentence leaves something to be desired :d

killing sounds easier than chickenslaughter, doesn't it?

Pao's innocent!

As Pao's lawyer, I must let you know we will be suing the major coffee growers for their product that drove my client to commit such a heinous crime.

Diver Dennis:
As Pao's lawyer, I must let you know we will be suing the major coffee growers for their product that drove my client to commit such a heinous crime.

AH BY GOLLY WOW !, rephrase, BETCHA BY GOLLY WOW (to the tune of same song)

I got a PRO BONO Attorney !:thumb:

but i don't take coffee....

hmmmmmm :33:

part of the conspiracy.....

Babydamulag:
DON'T WASTE THE CHICKEN!!!

Green Curry Chicken

Source: Midwest Living

Makes 4 servings
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
Ingredients
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 to 3 tablespoons green curry paste
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
2 cups peeled, if you like, and cubed Thai, Japanese or regular eggplant
1 8-ounce can bamboo shoots, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup fresh Thai basil or regular basil leaves, snipped or shredded if large
1 to 2 fresh red jalapeno or serrano peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips*
Hot cooked jasmine, basmati or long grain rice

Directions
1. Cut chicken into bite-size strips; set aside.
2. Pour oil into a wok or very large skillet. Heat over medium heat. Add curry paste; reduce heat to low and cook and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the chicken to the skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the fish sauce, sugar and salt.
3. Gradually add coconut milk, stirring until the mixture is well combined. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
4. Add eggplant and bamboo shoots; cover and cook about 8 minutes more or until eggplant is tender. Remove from heat. Transfer mixture to a serving dish. Sprinkle with basil and garnish with peppers. Serve in shallow bowls with hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.
*Handling hot peppers: Because hot chili peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with chiles as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands and fingernails well with soap and water when you are done.

Nutrition facts per serving:
calories: 367
total fat: 24g
saturated fat: 17g
cholesterol: 66mg
sodium: 1143mg
carbohydrate: 9g
fiber: 2g
protein: 30g
vitamin C: 6%
calcium: 3%
iron: 12%

One of my favorite!

Wrong thread, BabyD....please add this one to the Recipe thread.

Back
Top Bottom