Ppd Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chip104:
So I guess my original suggestion sticks: Pull out the actual profiles (I've numbered them already) and just put them in a new stickied "PPD profiles" thread. Other than that, the "Lets get to know the PPD" stays as is and is now the greetings forum, where it's possible to ask "may boyfriend ka ba?" :)

PS noticed how I utilized the semi-colon [;]? Impressed? :)

Agreed. This is even easier. Its easier to identify the actual profiles, which you did already. I think this will make everybody happy - an exclusive profiles thread, and the crazy old thread remains as is.:wink:

Yes I noticed, hahaha, but I'm more impressed with your win-win solution.:wink:

PS: Do we get to update our cert. level in our profiles?:D

Thanks Matt!

Hey Pao, if you're cool with this, let's go ahead and do it. Just PM Kim with the post numbers I gave.

Don't forget to add Mitch's post! He just added his.

I hope you guys read ALL of my last post! Including the edit!

Guys this is what Kim wants you guys to be aware of (actually he was referencing to this post) hmmmm tos violation hehehhehehe

Kim:
Actually I'm afraid it's not (without an incredible amount of work). There is no tool to copy posts between threads - only move them from one thread to another.

Copying would require a Ctrl-C to a clipboard and pasting it into a new post. That is something that you'd have to do yourselves or the name on each post would be wrong. They all have to be done individually.

it is tooooooo tedious for him to be sifting through our threads , what he can do is MOVE them from thread to thread.

Kim:
edit: The only other way would be to copy the whole thread - and then delete all the posts you don't want. That means a list of numbers! [

Now chip has provided some details on these on the threads and post numbers to be deleted. as for me requests should be posted here then if there are no objection in three days i then request Kim to delete such threads.

Kim:
edit: Actually...copies of posts are actually not allowed in the first place. First of all - it adds to the total database which are housed on paid for servers. I realize that in any one place it's not so much, but if everyone starts to do it, it mounts up quickly. Apart from the extra cost involved it also means that the search engine finds multiple entries and the whole board slows down when it's a lot. I think you just have to decide where you want to have any given information and that's that.

Again this is within the TOS, so no copy posts.

also it is nice to realize that though we are able to utilize this utility in cyberspace for free, the actual logistics involves costs to the owner (NetDoc) hence, here is a sublime hint to us that we should not act as if we were spoiled brats asking things we want for ourselves , when we want it, how we want it oblivious of the costs on the giver (SB) and the time of the MODS.

IT would also be nice if we are able to give something in return to SB in terms of help in keeping the maintenance of the Services of them servers that hosts this forums.

So guys please lets not add to KIms(MODs) woes : posts that are of a bratty nature. so his blood pressure won't be rising and falling as much.

A conclusion : FREE RIDERS are to behave !!! and not be like a threathend puffer fish , looking big but full of worthless air.....

bato bato sa langit , tamaan huwag magalit: mag pakatino .

Thank you Paolov. What it means to move posts is that they don't get left in the previous thread. I can move all the posts you want from one thread into a new one. They will then be gone from the old one. Whether you want to then keep the old thread (minus the removed posts) or delete it is up to you.

agreed.

Btw guys, I referenced posts to be moved into a new thread - they are the profiles. Not copied. Cut & pasted.

Suggestion, why not start an entirely new thread "PPD - our profiles" - could use Spoon's original proforma with a bit more info, likes, dislikes, favourite drink (San Mig, anyone?) etc...

"Let's get to know..." could be re-titled "Now let's chat" with a sticky to let some poor confused newcomer know how it started, and provide a link to the 'new' profiles thread.

That way,

1) it's not strictly a copy
2) We don't lose the off-topic, but funny stuff
3) less work for Paolo
4) we get to update our profiles
5) Kim's blood pressure might return to normal

Only negative I can see is that we all have to spend another 5 minutes on ScubaBoard ...hang on, did I say 'negative'?

Cheers,

work for me? i just relay the message .......

thepurplehammerhead:
Suggestion, why not start an entirely new thread "PPD - our profiles" - could use Spoon's original proforma with a bit more info, likes, dislikes, favourite drink (San Mig, anyone?) etc...

"Let's get to know..." could be re-titled "Now let's chat" with a sticky to let some poor confused newcomer know how it started, and provide a link to the 'new' profiles thread.

That way,

1) it's not strictly a copy
2) We don't lose the off-topic, but funny stuff
3) less work for Paolo
4) we get to update our profiles
5) Kim's blood pressure might return to normal

Only negative I can see is that we all have to spend another 5 minutes on ScubaBoard ...hang on, did I say 'negative'?

Cheers,

Matthew:
Yeah, I think this will not be too hard. The Dennis Roldan stuff comes to mind (although if I had my way I would save it somewhere else, its just so funny:D ). Most of the other posts are in one way or the other related to the profile postings - welcome greetings, advice, answers to questions from those who joined, etc.

BTW pre I'm in no way suggesting that the profiles you started are not interesting, in fact this is one of the best threads on PPD forum. I'm just saying that to me, the stuff in between the profile posts are as much a part of the thread as everything else.:wink:
A Hall of Fame/Shame thread or Let the Good Times Roll? Ilagay lahat ung mga dennis roldan pics, backplate boys, ron jeremy! Iron Ish, Village Divers (people pala) etc. dun.

New funny pics will be voted upon para isama dun.

Picture ourselves 10 years from now, looking at the pics and reminiscing would pretty pretty sure bring out a smile or a guffaw. We'll remember the good times we've had, diving together, laughing and ribbing each other. But I may be just thinking so far ahead guys, its nothing.

@Mathew - meh wisdom din ako ha! teka makabili pa nga..

i think you need a curator for that that thread. request ka ulit ng webspace for PPD museum..... Sobra na ito ......... :D

clgsamson:
A Hall of Fame/Shame thread or Let the Good Times Roll? Ilagay lahat ung mga dennis roldan pics, backplate boys, ron jeremy! Iron Ish, Village Divers (people pala) etc. dun.

New funny pics will be voted upon para isama dun.

Picture ourselves 10 years from now, looking at the pics and reminiscing would pretty pretty sure bring out a smile or a guffaw. We'll remember the good times we've had, diving together, laughing and ribbing each other. But I may be just thinking so far ahead guys, its nothing.

@Mathew - meh wisdom din ako ha! teka makabili pa nga..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom