Ppd Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov:
Spoon started the thread and even the format of Lets get to know. so i suggest we keep the format he initiated and all the rest of the posts there that does not keep to the format Spoon envisioned goes -deleted.

However you may start a new thread that complements it as you titled it " introductions..." and start the mood of that thread.
If everyone is ok of deleting the off-topic posts, I agree.

paolov:
i will take the responsibility to be the point person for PPD thread maintenance effective monday 21 November 2005 provided there would be no objection/s.

multiple replies...

1. no objections
2. congrats (i think?) pao! you will have my support!
3. just tell me what thread/s are mine to go over... medyo busy e hehehehe
4. @wolf: HUY! wag kang maniniwala dyan! matagal na ring ganyan yan! nauunahan lang kasi ni caloy sa kagaguhan kaya wala na siyang nairire-act kungdi tumawa ng tumawa... nakakailang keyboard na rin yang bago dahil nasisira e... kaka buga ng inumin
5. @purpHH: long have we known that we are not worthy in front of pao

Jag

paolov:
Spoon started the thread and even the format of Lets get to know. so i suggest we keep the format he initiated and all the rest of the posts there that does not keep to the format Spoon envisioned goes -deleted.

What is there to see in the profile posts except for the name, occupation, certification and favorite dive sites of the member, all of which can be seen on the profile page SB provides for everybody?

Personally, I have gotten to know more about the PPD personalities by reading the posts in between - Paolo's wisdom, Spoon's passion for the deep, Chip's enthusiasm, Caloy's wit, Jag's crazy ideas and the rest of the PPD pasaways - to me these things are more interesting than knowing that somebody is a PADI OW or uses an ATX200 or works in some office etc.

I still suggest we do not delete those posts. If we really have to have a thread exclusively for profiles, let's save the other posts in some way, just as Chip is trying to do. I feel that discarding hundreds of posts is like forgetting how we came together as a group.:05:

Matthew:
Paolo's wisdom, Spoon's passion for the deep, Chip's enthusiasm, Caloy's wit, Jag's crazy ideas and the rest of the PPD pasaways -

your very obesrvant matthew, im impressed:)

Matthew:
I still suggest we do not delete those posts. If we really have to have a thread exclusively for profiles, let's save the other posts in some way, just as Chip is trying to do. I feel that discarding hundreds of posts is like forgetting how we came together as a group.:05:

yes this is what i had in mind as well, only those posts that are really out of the world post are to be deleted. now who determines this?

paolov:
yes this is what i had in mind as well, only those posts that are really out of the world post are to be deleted. now who determines this?

why not get 3-4 voulunteers and sift over them over the week, then delete the posts which the volunteers unanimously agree to delete. basically pm the post numbers and compare with the others. voila!

Spoon:
why not get 3-4 voulunteers and sift over them over the week, then delete the posts which the volunteers unanimously agree to delete. basically pm the post numbers and compare with the others. voila!

that is exactly the 2nd objective of this thread to figure out how to go about the maintenance.

remember my role starting monday is to be the MESSENGER,

i do not make the decisions , you guys tell me what to deliver to kim

SO We decide what is to be sent to SB MOd for PPD maintenance.

Spoon:

Yeah, I think this will not be too hard. The Dennis Roldan stuff comes to mind (although if I had my way I would save it somewhere else, its just so funny:D ). Most of the other posts are in one way or the other related to the profile postings - welcome greetings, advice, answers to questions from those who joined, etc.

BTW pre I'm in no way suggesting that the profiles you started are not interesting, in fact this is one of the best threads on PPD forum. I'm just saying that to me, the stuff in between the profile posts are as much a part of the thread as everything else.:wink:

Matthew:

Thanks Matt, I'm stupid with the sentimentals - when I first started coming to SB I sifted through hundreds of posts; reading and finding out about the members.

When new SB members come along, I know they'll do the same thing and see what a crazy and friendly bunch we are. :)

So I guess my original suggestion sticks: Pull out the actual profiles (I've numbered them already) and just put them in a new stickied "PPD profiles" thread. Other than that, the "Lets get to know the PPD" stays as is and is now the greetings forum, where it's possible to ask "may boyfriend ka ba?" :)

PS noticed how I utilized the semi-colon [;]? Impressed? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom